Kolarov [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
foley87 said:
fuck me weve seen some good youtube clips in the past of potential signings and signings but that was unbelieveable

how good was his delivery, drive, pace and power in his shots

mancini sign him up

I could not give a shit about goals from a left back. Call me backwards but I'd much rather see him positionay aware, strong in the tackle and showing his opponent onto his weaker side.

However I'm sure bluemoon would rather see a striker tackling back than scoring goals like that.

Aussie! said:
foley87 said:
fuck me weve seen some good youtube clips in the past of potential signings and signings but that was unbelieveable

mancini sign him up

RSC also looked amazing when he was on Youtube.

know what you mean Aussie....but lots of players on youtube look amazing and guess what...theyre amazing..

today Sam will be mostly being positive ;)

foley87 said:

mancini sign him up
well for sure we have never seen Bridge do anything like that... Garrido has a mean freekick in him... how is he defensively? Does anyone know?

svennis pennis said:
foley87 said:

mancini sign him up

I could not give a shit about goals from a left back. Call me backwards but I'd much rather see him positionay aware, strong in the tackle and showing his opponent onto his weaker side.

However I'm sure bluemoon would rather see a striker tackling back than scoring goals like that.

That is old fashioned, all lbs need to be is good going forwards and quick

svennis pennis said:
foley87 said:

mancini sign him up

To be honest mate in the modern game that is old school thinking.

Don't get me wrong, your fullbacks have to be solid and do the basics. But the best sides have at least one fullback who can contribute on the front foot too. Brazil and Inter with Maicon, Barcelona with Alves, Real and Spain with Ramos, United with Evra, Ajax with van der Wiel, Manuel Vargas with Fiorentina, Chelsea with Cole, Coentrao with Benfica...come to think of it, pretty much every league was won by a side who had attacking full backs.

Maicon scored 7 and assisted 12 last season. Inter won everything in sight. I'd only rate Maicon as "solid" when it comes to actual defending, but his attacking prowess won games and kept the opposition from venturing too far forward on the left wing. They say attack is the best form of defence and these kind of fullbacks are the embodiment of that.

when you are trying to break down the now famous "2 banks of 4" it is essential to have fullbacks who can run with the ball. Hence the problems with micah richards..

Project said:
svennis pennis said:

To be honest mate in the modern game that is old school thinking.

Don't get me wrong, your fullbacks have to be solid and do the basics. But the best sides have at least one fullback who can contribute on the front foot too. Brazil and Inter with Maicon, Barcelona with Alves, Real and Spain with Ramos, United with Evra, Ajax with van der Wiel, Manuel Vargas with Fiorentina, Chelsea with Cole, Coentrao with Benfica...come to think of it, pretty much every league was won by a side who had attacking full backs.

Maicon scored 7 and assisted 12 last season. Inter won everything in sight. I'd only rate Maicon as "solid" when it comes to actual defending, but his attacking prowess won games and kept the opposition from venturing too far forward on the left wing. They say attack is the best form of defence and these kind of fullbacks are the embodiment of that.

^^ This , this and double this....

Poor to average teams need solid defensive full-backs because they have to defend a lot... and weaknesses in defence get exposed.

Top teams need at least one full-back to provide attacking width + other attacking options (delivery at free kicks etc). Since top teams tend to dominate possession in most games ... the need for a "crunching tackler" is not so great.

He looks very comfortable with a ball at his feet , it seems we are going for footballers in the true sense and hopefully discarding the muscle bound types with no ability like Richards and Onouha, Boateng looks the part and comparing him to those two illustrates my point well.

r.soleofsalford said:
it would be great to have someone in the squad who can hit free kicks from range. i think we have lacked this since elano left

he only ever hit one screamer and another that hit the bar against hamburg and that is it for long rangers . Kolarov from what i've seen can certainly hit a ball and has a sweet left foot . Looks an ideal left back for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.