Kolarov next season (if kept)

Get rid. He was constantly rotated with clichy, now clichy has played six on the trot and looks superb. Any back up to clichy should be of very similar style so as not to upset the balance of the team if he is unavailable.

If we dont bring anyone in to replace him then I would keep him on. He would walk into a top team in Italy if we were thinking of getting rid of him. Also if he wants out then maybe we will sell. But like this season next season we need 2 good fullbacks battling for each position we have that now. Think Richards and Clichy when fully fit is our best pairing but if either is out both Zabba and Kolarov has done a great job.

leighton said:
If we dont bring anyone in to replace him then I would keep him on. He would walk into a top team in Italy if we were thinking of getting rid of him. Also if he wants out then maybe we will sell. But like this season next season we need 2 good fullbacks battling for each position we have that now. Think Richards and Clichy when fully fit is our best pairing but if either is out both Zabba and Kolarov has done a great job.
Pretty much this 100%. Honestly the whining about our fullbacks is the most tiresome thing about the forum. I even prefer the old Mancini shouting matches. The only reason we're firing on all cylinders now is the rotation policy and every squad member we've used 10 or more games has contributed to putting us in position to win the Premier League.

taconinja said:
leighton said:
Pretty much this 100%. Honestly the whining about our fullbacks is the most tiresome thing about the forum. I even prefer the old Mancini shouting matches. The only reason we're firing on all cylinders now is the rotation policy and every squad member we've used 10 or more games has contributed to putting us in position to win the Premier League.
Its also one of the reasons we went out the group stages in the cl

taconinja said:
leighton said:

Who said im whinging about any of our fullback?

This thread was about him being a winger, not a full back, back up to clichy, centre forward, car salesman, debt collector FFS.

danny123 said:
He's good to have as a plan B option but if we were to keep him and play him there often, IMO...we would have to play Dzeko/Balotelli a lot more as target men. He's wasted if we play Aguero and Tevez all the time I think. However, I do think we will buy a wide player in the summer.
This more than likely

We could have a "Plan B" option who could defend and attack though, they do exist. Kolarov can attack well enough but his defending is not very good at all. So many fundamental errors and he is easy to get past. That race between Ben Arfa and Clichy at weekend that Clichy just won, Ben Arfa would have been clear by a meter or two if it was Kolarov and almost in on goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.