Kolarov.

There are a lot of healthy debates on this forum about the players and manager, with a wide range of opinions, some extreme and some balanced.
But with Kolarov there is no other position being given by any poster other than he is not good enough... the best game he played for us was when he was stuck in left midfield.. he is not good enough as a full back..

So bloody slow and cant beat the 1st man with his crosses.
Play Zab there when hes back from Argentina or Lescott with Boateng playing centre half ?

Clearly you dont mean those pathetic excuses of a corner kick he regularly takes for us, more the off target free kicks that almost always go well wide?
robbieh said:
Apart from his danger at set pieces he is very disappointing. Frankly he is just too slow.

And taliking of speed.

Milner and Dzeko are slow. Balotelli also lacks the sort of pace that unhinged Chelsea last year. Yaya can shift once he gets going but is a bit ponderous.

Given that Barry is not exactly swift, well you can see where I am coming from.

The amount of people who were screaming and shouting to get this pad in, showing clips of him from YouTube, and hailing him as the answer to our left side.

Yet now people don't want to give him a year to bed in. Was great against Kiev in the second leg. The way Mancini plays the full backs are asked to do a lot, and aren't that protected.

Kolarov is a good player, and just because we were beatby the reigning champs, at their ground, doesn't make us shit.

I didn't see anyone get behind him all game. Yes he was marking Luiz for their first goal but it was the quality of the cross that made it impossible to defend.

Certainly he's not the marauding full back with pace that I expected but he's solid imo and like most of our players will be better next season having had a full season in the prem. Keep the faith, I know some think we can discard players like used scraps of food. Remember Bridge was cr*p according to many yet his arrival has coincided with an upturn in form for West Ham and he was superb yesterday. If some had kept fath with him maybe we needn't have signed Kolarov and now we're doing the same thing again....... will some of our fans never learn !?

I`m sure once he loses a few pounds and sharpens up his all round game he`ll do well for us, he has a lot of changes to get used to, he isn`t as bad as people make him out to be imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.