Kolarov's goal..

Is it just me or are left-backs generally better at striking the ball that right-backs?

what I loved about it in the replays you can see Carlos swinging his leg mimicking him as he kicked it ... willing it in. The thought I had was Carlos will realise there are others who have magic too.

Not that he doesn't already, just again.

jmdmc said:
what I loved about it in the replays you can see Carlos swinging his leg mimicking him as he kicked it ... willing it in. The thought I had was Carlos will realise there are others who have magic too.

dont really think carlos was willing it in, just think he was playing some silly trick to confuse brum players

jmdmc said:

He also shoved the referee in the back and tried to smile it off even though there was clear intent. The inconsistent numpty deserved that IMO.

When Kolarov gets it right he is by far and away our best set piece taker because he can bend it with pace and blast it with accuracy to where it needs to go.

Unfortunately up until now he hasn't done it often enough.

As he gets more confidence and knows he has midfielders who can track back when he gets forward like clockwork his shot making in accuracy and frequency will increase.

I have seen enough of Kolorov to see he is an asset to our first eleven when he is fit and well remembering he was out of action for many weeks at the wrong time for us.

Tevez lacks the power to do likewise and his set piece shots are invariably easier for goal keepers to save assuming they are on target.

Tarnet was the last decent speed shooter we had from distance and it has cost us points each and every season not having a bloke who can scare the living suitcase out of a wall with power.

Personally I would have Barry take our penalties if he is playing at the time but how this would impact on Tevez's mentality and ego who is still our most important player by some means ( we nearly always win we he scores ).

When Tevez realises that he doesn't have to do everything for us when he gets possession for him to be more effective for us then we will see the best of Tevez and see us winiing more games and games that he plays and fails to score surprise surprise.

Bigga said:
GazM said:
Only caught the highlights on MOTD. Quality strike for the goal & unluck not to get a second. However, even on the highlights I saw a number of crosses being swung in from Kolorov's side of the pitch. The last time I saw this was when Wayne Bridge was playing - something that needs sorting quick else other teams will exploit this area of weakness.

Wayne Bridge...??

Feck me, did he ever get a decent cross in, ever??

According to Terry, Bridge was the best crosser of a ball in the club..........but then again we all know how that 'love-fest' ended !!

bluethai said:
How's he different from Garrido?

Garrido was a decent setpiece taker as well but not as good an attacking fullback as Kolarov looks to be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.