Kolo Toure/When We Don't Have The Ball

Freestyler

Firstly, well done Kolo Toure yet again, today him and kompany at CB were world class, personally i would of give Toure MOTM, he's starting to play his best again, i doubted whether he was good enough for us, he's proved me completely wrong, keep it up kolo.

when we don't have the ball the organisation in the team is so clear to see, every single player knows EXACTLY what to do, not a dig at MH, but at times we looked like headless chickens.

today it seemed we set up in a 4-2-1-3 formation, one which mancini uses alot and is a big fan of, today he got it spot on and it worked.

we look so comfortable without the ball, chelsea hardly had any real chances to score, they attacked and then just went back, i can't recall them really stretching us wide open, even at the end on the break a few times.

maybe mancini's plan of resting one too many players backfired wednesday, but today you've just seen how class he is when it comes to the big ones, his formation today denied chelsea thier usual way of playing, when both our full backs are playing we'll be playing HIS type of football, at the moment were not and we still look good.

given time and the odd tweak here and there to this team and we will be playing even better football.

let's not get ahead of ourselves again, but we've shown when we need to deliver and we are more than capable, that wasn't even us at anywhere near our best today IMO and we've beaten one of the best sides in the world.

we won't be scoring loads, but we won't conceed many.

like mancini said... '' I'd take a 1-0 win everygame this season ''

His reading of the game is up there with the very best as is vince's. The pace and awareness shown when chelsea broke first half to come across with a perfectly timed sliding tackle was brilliant.

Fantastic partnership developing with Vince, they compliment each other perfectly. Kolo is yet to have a bad game this season, really stepped it up this season, i think part of the reason is taking the armband from him. Hate to mention them but they are looking every bit as good as the vidic-weo partnership that won the scum the title a few seasons back.

Looked more like a 4-2-3-1 to me but possible splitting hairs. Sat up in Level 3 today near the half way line and you see so much more of the shape and formation up there. Vinny reads the game really well and Kolo is a good covering defender. They do look a good partnership though. I was at times screaming for a player to get a tackle in but we seem to have the knack of defending the space and making great interceptions

Not matter how much Wenger annoys us he is a tactical genius. I'm sure from Toures time with Wenger he learnt alot about reading the game. Ill be honest i think Kolo's strength has always been his ability to decide to stay on his feet or if he has a clear chance to slide, and not his awareness of his opposition.

PaulFaz said:
Not matter how much Wenger annoys us he is a tactical genius. I'm sure from Toures time with Wenger he learnt alot about reading the game. Ill be honest i think Kolo's strength has always been his ability to decide to stay on his feet or if he has a clear chance to slide, and not his awareness of his opposition.

watched kolo tonight and he was pointing to boyata to show him what to do. top class performance from him and vinny

Defensive leadership dosn't always mean the greatest awareness.<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:09 am --<br /><br />Defensive leadership dosn't always mean the greatest awareness.

he got a bit of a battering by some last season but some need to remember he was in a new setup and thrown in the deep end straight away by being given the captains arm band but as proven so far he is a quality player that will be vital to hopefully success this season.

Great playerr, reads the situation well, but isnt the best at preventing situations occuring in the first place, I'm sure you will realise what I'm saying wghen you think of the amount of last ditch tackles he makes, When he could have read the game better and intercepted the attack before it built up momentum.

Kolo was a bit of a worry for me heading into the season. But my how this player has impressed. Today especially. He is just a rock back there, making so many high pressure plays. I honestly think RM taking the captaincy from him and removing that pressure plus the fact his brother Yaya is with him at the moment has really put him in the right place mentally to succeed.

It's so important to have the utmost confidence in your two CB's and Toure - Kompany have given the team just that.

A 2 year dip in form that seems to be over. Confidence in your CB's is vital i agree, And to be honest i had little confidence in either of them until the last few games, I think now there a force. The strength height and mental attributes to more than challenge the other top CB partnerships.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.