Kolo's Ban

Plain Speaking said:
simon23 said:
they are waiting the results of the second test

why that is taking so long god knows...we could really use him at the moment (though lescott is playing pretty well in his place...but i think toures distribution and pace are better)
I dont think the 2nd test is relevant. They only use this if there is a possibility the first test may have been contaminated. Since he has declared he has taken his wife's slimming tablets he's not argueing the first test was wrong.

Has he delared he took slimming pills? Or was it just Wenger? A couple of days after the Wenger comment didn't the club issue a statement about comments by people being unhelpful and in some cases incorrect? http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2011/March/Manchester-City-club-statement-5-March-2011
Wonder if they're analysing the second sample, at this stage of the season I'm not sure the club or Kolo has much to lose - he either admits and likely banned for the rest of the season, or they anlayse the second sample and he misses the rest of the season while the results are 'discussed'.

SB Blue said:
Plain Speaking said:
I dont think the 2nd test is relevant. They only use this if there is a possibility the first test may have been contaminated. Since he has declared he has taken his wife's slimming tablets he's not argueing the first test was wrong.

Has he delared he took slimming pills? Or was it just Wenger? A couple of days after the Wenger comment didn't the club issue a statement about comments by people being unhelpful and in some cases incorrect? http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2011/March/Manchester-City-club-statement-5-March-2011
Wonder if they're analysing the second sample, at this stage of the season I'm not sure the club or Kolo has much to lose - he either admits and likely banned for the rest of the season, or they anlayse the second sample and he misses the rest of the season while the results are 'discussed'.
I think the club were just trying to get the story out of the public eye. The whole business is not good publicity and will not go down well with our owners. I understand he's not contesting he took tablets and my earlier comment regarding the irrelevance of the second sample testing apply.

City angered by Touré's conference trip
By Ian Herbert

Kolo Toure came close to causing Manchester City embarrassment yesterday when he arrived for a tour of a busy football conference without telling his club.

City were angry that the organisers of Soccerex had seen fit to invite a player who is currently suspended after allegedly taking an illegal substance. Had they known about the proposed appearance, the club would have vetoed it.

City have refused to disclose even if Touré has provided a B sample, having failed an initial drugs test in February, as they do not want to be seen to be influencing any possible Football Association hearing. But Touré seemed ready to speak as he toured the Soccerex convention in Manchester and was whisked out of journalists' reach just before doing so. Asked whether he had a message for City fans, the defender replied: "I will be back soon. I hope so."

Touré's appearance, yesterday afternoon was certainly bizarre. After stopping to talk to a turf company, he sampled a hand-eye coordination game, before moving on to the next stand with a large media entourage on his trail.

City consider the invitation to represent opportunism, though Soccerex did extend its offer some time in advance. "Soccerex is delighted Kolo Touré was able to [attend]," organisers said in a statement

JoeMercer'sWay said:
it's a bit puzzling, unless he's been given a short ban behind closed doors which is being hushed up.

No way the MEEDYA, THE FArce, Gill, Uncle Tom Cobbleigh will allow that to be hushed! Once he gets his 'months' it'll be all over the place. Be interesting to see how it pans compared to Camelgob's press interest.

if he has admitted taking one of his wifes slimming pills whats the point of the second test, it will only confirm the the first test result.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.