kompany 3 games 3 wins.

Personally, I was surprised when Tevez got the armband. Don't get me wrong he's a good player but do we really think he's a leader? Not a chance! It was a big slap in the face for those who had been around longer, worked harder and are so obviously born leaders.

Besides, how many successful sides have a striker as the captain? Goals win games, sure, but only if the opposition don't score more.

Frankly I'd be happier seeing, De Jong, Kompany, Barry, or even Hart as captain well before Tevez.

i hope kompany keeps the armband for the rest of the season and beyond! but when teveez is fit he will walk back into the team and will be captain

I too think Kompany is doing a great job as captain. Seeing him give Mario a hug at the start of the West Ham match shows how he thinks deeply about trying to motivate his team mates. Class. But think of the Tevez issue a different way. I don't think he has been a captain anywhere else at pro level as high as he his now, and I'm certain he would not of lifted a major trophy as a captain as he has an opportunity like he has. Just think what emotions and thoughts he will have if he lifts the FA cup for us. He's going to think about the likelihood of himself doing it again and again. This may have a very strong influence on his decision what he wants to do in the summer.

Kompany should be captain over Tevez. Tevez doesn't lead the team enough, bad idea to have him as captain for the final, he would have just come off an injury as well.

Tevez deserves the armband on the pitch and nowhere else, which ironically is where it least matters in the modern game.
Club Captain is largely a PR role, and acts as a player liason. We have a captain that is about as much use as tits on a bull at an English press conference, and what kind of player liason makes a dash for the door mid-season?! Piss poor.

Vinny on the other hand is not only fluent in English, he's bloody eloquent! Along with being multi-lingual, he has a faultless public image and is Mr consistent on the pitch.

VK, NDJ, even Barry are all far better options.

To those who claim Tevez has lifted even carried our team for much of this season with his performances, I would say he could have done that without the armband.

Arrivederci Carlos!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.