Kompany, De Jong, and Richards not happy with Aguero wages.

Chevelle

New Zealand, now Sunshine Coast, Australia!
Daily mail trying to cause unrest in the squad?
Maybe cause they know we will be dangerous this year?

Manchester City are facing a contract rebellion from three first-team players following the £38million capture of striker Sergio Aguero.

Nigel de Jong, Vincent Kompany and Micah Richards are unhappy with the new deals offered to them, especially after learning that City are paying club record signing Aguero £200,000 per week in a five-year deal confirmed.

Holland midfielder De Jong revealed how he had already grown ‘frustrated’ at the way contract negotiations had progressed and it has since emerged that talks have broken down.

De Jong, a star performer in manager Roberto Mancini’s midfield last season alongside Yaya Toure, who earns £200,000 a week, was believed to have been offered £80,000 a week.

Kompany and Richards also feel undervalued by their big-spending club.

Richards has been offered a five-year deal worth £65,000 a week while Kompany has been told to expect a four-year deal worth £80,000 a week. However, the pair are mulling over the offers.

Full back Richards has publicly stated his desire to stay at the club and rejected claims he was looking for £100,000 a week.

Kompany, who was in last season’s PFA team of the year and is City’s player of the year, is a candidate to skipper the side if Carlos Tevez leaves.

But Kompany and Richards will hold out for deals they feel represent their standing as important first-team regulars.

City are keen to rein in their spending over the coming seasons and cutting wages is part of their efficiency drive.

But the fact they have agreed to pay Aguero £52m in wages over five years has not been lost on De Jong, Kompany and Richards.

A City source said: ‘While efforts to bring the club’s wage bill into line are commendable, it doesn’t wash with the key members of the squad being offered less than half of what some of the top earners like Yaya Toure, Carlos Tevez and Sergio Aguero will earn.

Big money man: Yaya Toure is another of City's biggest earners, along with Carlos Tevez
‘All the players are keen to stay and play their part in City’s success, but they don’t want to feel forgotten about.’

Argentina striker Aguero revealed words from his compatriot Pablo Zabaleta convinced him to join City.

Aguero, unaware his salary has caused such unrest, said: ‘Zabaleta has told me all about City and it is very positive. He has told me that it is a happy squad and I have only heard good things about them.

'I have always wanted to play in the Premier League and this is a good club. I think we will be fighting every year to win major trophies.’

Atletico Madrid fans reacted badly to Aguero’s departure, burning his shirt and chanting ‘die, die’ in the Europa League.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2020036/Sergio-Aguero-causes-Manchester-City-rebellion-wages.html#ixzz1TRlSnyFr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z1TRlSnyFr</a>

I really didn't think these players were that money hungry..? Yes they are great players but this is just ridiculous.. should we just get a mediocre striker and pay them 50k per week to keep the unhappy players at bay or do we actually take playing in the champion's league seriously and have to pay players this kind of money to get the best in the world??

^ It has more than begun, a fully powered attack campaign is hitting the club again from all comers.

52 million for 5 years, bullshit. this is an awful artice which has no evidence of truth in it at all.

they think, oh its a big day for city signing aguero and that, lets put the dampeners on it a bit and leave the fans have the day finish on a sour note after reading this. absolute tosh. why would the players be told about the wages anyway?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.