Kompany Fit Now Aswell

hughes has got a real selection headache now.

it's not a bad position to be in though is it.

having kompany available again is great news as injuries and suspensions are inveitable and vinnie is a crackin' squad player.

he wont be a regular though.

Re: Own up, who hates the derby.

Joycee Banercheck said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Great 2 hav King Vinnie bak but he'l be a way off match fitness and id be surprised if he plays 2morow. A short cameo at the very most imo
Maybe. MH did it with RSC and Jonno the other night. It was a taster, like "Do you want it?".

Can't see Vince being involved on Monday, but judging by his character that will only make him better for when he is ready. Its good to be blue anyway.

He's said in previous interviews that he doesn't think it's a bad thing when new players come in or when other players are playing out of their skin. He takes it as an indication that he's got to work harder to get back into the first team.

And, by the looks of things, de Jong seems to be thinking the same way. If they were both fit at the start of the season, I'd have put Kompany in. But based on recent form and performances, there's no way Hughes can drop de Jong.

I think it's an example of how we finally have a squad where you have to play well to keep your place.

Robinho back in two weeks

Ned back in three weeks

If we have no more injuries then November should see about £100 mill on the bench!

I said it before, this will be a long hard season, at the minute most players are fresh I also believe this squad was bought to play in Europe so the full benefits of having the quality of our players might not become fully evident till next year. Looking back last season I can't remember a month where we did have everyone fit there was always someone injured, suspended. MH has already said rotation of squad occurs in one of two ways, i reckon you can expand that to 4:-

1) Through suspentions and injuries

2) Tactical reasons

3) Jaded players simply becoming tired especially towards end of season

4) Competiion for places, players not playing well.

By having a squad of 24 players it is impossible for them all to play, even a squad of 18 only allows for 7 on the bench. I can see games where Barry, Kompany and De Jong all play in same team eg away at Chelsea, I can also see games where RSC and Ade play together, away at Stoke where their height and defensive abilities will assist the defence. I am prepared to let MH sort out who will play I for one am just excited that whoever plays will have to erform to the best of their abilities no more shirkers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.