Vincent Kompany | Bayern Munich Manager

What experience did Arteta have before being given the Arsenal gig? What experience did Pep have before the Barca gig?
Arteta had key experience of assistant managing a title winning side alongside an all time great manager and many of the City players said he was instrumental in improving them. He also had links with Arsenal having captained them. Plus when he took over Arsenal they weren't the side they are today - they were outside the CL spots and nowhere near a title whereas Kompany will be expected to go straight in and win the title and compete for the CL. The Arsenal that Arteta joined were nowhere near as high profile as the Bayern Kompany will go to.

Re Pep he had massive ties to Barca so that makes more sense.

I think it's a massive risk but I wish him well.

Arteta had key experience of assistant managing a title winning side alongside an all time great manager and many of the City players said he was instrumental in improving them. He also had links with Arsenal having captained them. Plus when he took over Arsenal they weren't the side they are today - they were outside the CL spots and nowhere near a title whereas Kompany will be expected to go straight in and win the title and compete for the CL. The Arsenal that Arteta joined were nowhere near as high profile as the Bayern Kompany will go to.

I think it's a massive risk but I wish him well.

Of course it’s a risk & noone else wanted the job it looks very similar to Pep & Arteta where he’s very much an unknown quantity but he’s well regarded in the game.

The BBC is reporting that Bayern are in advanced talks with Burnley.

That would suggest that they have reached agreement with Vinnie.

The two clubs wouldn’t be discussing compensation if no agreement had been reached between the German rags and our legend.

At least, to me, it seems very unlikely.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.