Vincent Kompany | Bayern Munich Manager

Looking forward seeing early pages of this thread being absolutely stupid if Kompany does well at Bayern.
For me it’s more Bayern going for him as their manager which I find puzzling. Of course everyone wishes him the best, unless he faces us that is.

The bottom line though is they are interested in appointing a manager who has done nothing in the top tier here as a manager other than relegate his club in a rather meek manner.

I can only think of one other so called big club who did that of late, and they were laughed at when he soon became out of his depths. So it’s nothing against Kompany.

For me it’s more Bayern going for him as their manager which I find puzzling. Of course everyone wishes him the best, unless he faces us that is.

The bottom line though is they are interested in appointing a manager who has done nothing in the top tier here as a manager other than relegate his club in a rather meek manner.

I can only think of one other so called big club who did that of late, and they were laughed at when he soon became out of his depths. So it’s nothing against Kompany.
I don't think Vinny will be out of his depth, he'll have some great players to work with in a League that throws up the odd champion other than Bayern once every few years.

Bayern will be favourites to regain the title, I think it would be a great appointment for both parties.

I for one am so happy for Vinnie. Captain of captains, leader of men, he is fancying himself for this role. A great credit to the man, he will always back himself for the top. Bayern have to replace some ageing stars and they will integrate some youth in their team. His work with youth at Anderlecht and Burnley will have counted in his favour. His leadership qualities will shine through with these kids as he is a highly respected professional himself.

This sudden development and the resultant mixed reactions has reminded me of one moment of him in the City shirt - The score is 0-0 in a tense title race and Kompany has the ball 30-35 meters from goal and he has the space ahead to go for the goal directly. Every member of the team is pleading him to pass the ball. But he had different ideas. He had already made up his mind to shoot and shoot he did. The rest is history.

The lesson was and is - Don't doubt him. The guy suffered so many injuries in his playing days and every single time returned better than ever. Socored big goals in big games. He has backed himself for this role and my feeling is he will be successful there.

Best of luck Vinnie, except when you play City of course. Go make Bundesliga a farmers league again!

Hasn’t it changed now? It’s a league format as I was looking to see what pot they’d be in after finishing 3rd. Then I looked at the UEFA site for the format. It looks as mad as a box of frogs.
It's all over the place as a concept, but I quite like it actually. 8 unique matches before Christmas, an interesting knockout "group" game that hopefully we'll avoid. As someone who has been on the cup scheme it's a welcome relief.

Hasn’t it changed now? It’s a league format as I was looking to see what pot they’d be in after finishing 3rd. Then I looked at the UEFA site for the format. It looks as mad as a box of frogs.
9 seeds in each of 4 pots, Bayern in Pot 1 with us.

Each team plays two matches against opponents in each of the pots, one home, one away (can't play the same team twice), 4 home and 4 away games in the group stage.

36 team league all lumped together, top 8 straight through to the knock out round, next 16 play off, home and away, 8 to join the initial top 8 in the knockout's.

12 teams drop out of European competition, no Europa safety net.

Group games should be more competitive as in the past Pot 1 seeded teams only played 2,3 and 4 seeds, now any seed 1 team will have to play 2 games against other seed 1 teams.

Hmmm let me see, should I manage Burnley in the championship, or bayern in the champions league ?

Tough one that.

I would imagine he's spoken to Pep about this opportunity, and Pep has told him to go for it.
Possibly, but the point still stands the optics are bad.

Very true. Sure we'll end up playing them early doors though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.