Vincent Kompany | Bayern Munich Manager

I’ve been trying to think of a decent comparison appointment and can’t come up with one.

There’s been plenty of highly regarded players who’ve gone straight into a big job on the back of their playing credentials.

But a bloke who’s taken a tier 2 club up, then straight back down and then into one of the biggest jobs in Europe?

I’m not the biggest student of football outside England though, so maybe there is one?

I’ve been trying to think of a decent comparison appointment and can’t come up with one.

There’s been plenty of highly regarded players who’ve gone straight into a big job on the back of their playing credentials.

But a bloke who’s taken a tier 2 club up, then straight back down and then into one of the biggest jobs in Europe?

I’m not the biggest student of football outside England though, so maybe there is one?
Vinny’s at the wheel…

Didn’t Xavi Alonso get the Leverkuesen job off the back off a relegation?

I know I that wasn’t such a big job but given that Bayern seemingly wanted him and expected to get him it’s not such a stretch to see how they might view Kompany as the alternative

Vinny will always be a city legend and I wish him all the best, but it’s a very strange appointment given his lack of top drawer experience?,put it this way if pep had left and we appointed Vinny after the season he’s had at Burnley, I’d be seriously worried about the season ahead
I think it is brilliant!

Vinny gets a chance to work with better players at a big Club in a less competitive league and with some money to spend.

He gets a chance to restore his managerial credentials and prove he can handle a big club so that when he comes here we don’t have lots of posts worrying about his lack of big club experience.

Pep had only managed the Barca B team before he took over there.

Xavier Alonso had no big club experience.

Vinny worked wonders with Burnley in the Championship but the players just weren’t good enough at Prem level.

I think it is brilliant!

Vinny gets a chance to work with better players at a big Club in a less competitive league and with some money to spend.

He gets a chance to restore his managerial credentials and prove he can handle a big club so that when he comes here we don’t have lots of posts worrying about his lack of big club experience.

Pep had only managed the Barca B team before he took over there.

Xavier Alonso had no big club experience.

Vinny worked wonders with Burnley in the Championship but the players just weren’t good enough at Prem level.
I think this is a tactic of a lot of up and coming managers nowadays, where they place their footballing philosophy above the results of the team they manage in the hope of getting a shot at a big club.

He speaks fluent German - you wouldn't believe how touchy Germans are about giving an important job to someone not fluent in their language.

All the best, Vinnie.

Unfortunately, I can’t wish you well, and hope for Bayern to do badly.

Of the two, I’d rather you were successful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.