Kompany & Silva Statues

So proud of Vinny.

Well deserved.

Beautiful statues. Great job Man City!
Now I just have to come over and see it in real life. Maybe when Lavia is a starter for you guys, or when you buy Tielemans, Doku or Lokonga. ;)

Looks shite. Why can't the people in charge that do these things just say: "I want a statue" .Not somethin where you shit in a bucket, sprinkle it with stardust then bus load a bunch of southerners to pay/masturbate over it. Shite IMO
You sound like the type who has their day ruined when we release a kit with blue shorts.

So proud of Vinny.

Well deserved.

Beautiful statues. Great job Man City!
Now I just have to come over and see it in real life. Maybe when Lavia is a starter for you guys, or when you buy Tielemans, Doku or Lokonga. ;)
Just don't expect anything like the quality of Jupiler or Leffe when you do ;) I've ended up with a love of all things Belgium because of Vinny and KDB. Doku has a bright future.

Looks shite. Why can't the people in charge that do these things just say: "I want a statue" .Not somethin where you shit in a bucket, sprinkle it with stardust then bus load a bunch of southerners to pay/masturbate over it. Shite IMO
I'm glad you weren't involved in the commissioning process!

"I want a statue" - the kind of reverse snobbery that wastes money on crap.

The statues are brilliant works of art, and like all art you can not please everybody.

Personally I think they are superb, well done to the Club.
Indeed.

Art isn’t supposed to be universally liked. Artists expect criticism, especially if they are challenging traditional forms. These are contemporary statues and there will be a lot of people who won’t like them.

But, just like when you think you don’t like a song from your favourite band when you first hear it, only for it to be in your Top 10 from them a few years later; some people saying they hate these now will say they love them in a few years time.

Some people will never like them.

When things are contemporary and look great now, they can often look outdated after a few decades as different contemporary trends have come and gone. That’s why a lot of people like traditional forms of art. Traditional statues have looked good since Antiquity and will still look good in thousands of years’ time. Whereas these City statues might look outdated in twenty five years… or they might still look good in 200 years, who knows?

That’s what art is supposed to do. Challenge us into liking or disliking it. Artists want everyone to have an opinion on it, whether that’s a positive or negative one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every great piece of contemporary art has a decent proportion of detractors that consider it to be ‘shite’ or similar. That’s just the nature of how it works. I’m glad we didn’t go down the traditional bronze route that’s become a pretty boring template for football legend statues.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.