Kompany This Season

Damocles

Administrator
A little concerned over his recent form. He seems to be making lots of small mistakes in games recently, and it has cost us a few times.

Not sure what has happened since the Charity Shield, but he's not having a great time at present. Perhaps the greater responsibly as captain but also on the pitch as we go forward in numbers have caused him to have a wobble.

He certainly doesn't look as confident in recent games. He really needs a solid performance or two under his belt this season to get his head together.

I mentioned this in the matchday thread and said then that I'd probably be slaughtered for saying so, especially by you Dam, but I'm worried that Vince has developed Dunne syndrome; Get given the Captaincy and watch your game fall apart.

He was very poor again today, really starting to worry about his form, if we are to have any chance of winning the league this season we need Kompany to find his form again.

It's the absence of De Jong. Not just Kompany but our entire defence has looked shit this season. I think having De Jong in front of them gave them a lot of confidence. Need him back badly.

He was poor at Bolton, poor against Napoli and average today. It's just a bit of bad form. I'm not concerned, he'll pull himself out of it. A week off (don't play him
in the League Cup on Weds) might do him some good.

Lescott as been good this season by the way.

It s because of Yaya who let often to much open space behind him. Sure thing, there are more Blackouts from Kompany but if there 2 running at full speed it gets harder. However i would agree, there are some indicators which re showing a Kompany who faces some difficulties at hes primary job - defending.

The bigger difference is:

-------------Yaya
------Barry--------DeJong

--------Nasri--------------
--------Barry----Yaya-----

I belive we will need James Milner this season more than i was thinking after the Spurs match.

RandomJ said:
It's the absence of De Jong. Not just Kompany but our entire defence has looked shit this season. I think having De Jong in front of them gave them a lot of confidence. Need him back badly.
Exactly. Those 'smarty pants' saying we do not De Jong clearly do not understand the importance of having a proper anchorman in the modern game.

NDJ will take some defensive pressure off Kompany.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.