Kompany

Freestyler said:
never thought i would hear myself say this, but today when he got the ball i cringed, he looked absolutely awful.

Amen! It wasn't nice at all, at one point he panicked, twatted the ball at Zab's head and it went out for a corner! I have no doubt he could be really good but he needs more time in the first team and our whole defence needs to gel ASAP. Like someone else has said, we also need to be calmer in our build up and stop punting it upfield. Hit and hope doesn't work!

Kompany looked a bit shaky to me today, and his distribution at times was pretty poor. To be fair though he's been out injured for a while so lacks match fitness. Thought Lescott was the better of the two centre halves, but we missed Toure.

Kompany was shite today. I've now realised he is not a defender, which makes him a bit part player at the club because he's not better than De Jong or Barry as a midfielder. Not really sure how he fits into things now. I actually felt quite happy and relaxed when Lescott had the ball today as it meant Kompany didn't have it. Get fit soon Ned.

cut him some slack, he's not played for a long time, however iv never rated him (and have been slated for it in the past) ... i just don't really see what he offers us or how he fits into the new system. people were raving about how great a holding midfielder he was last season and yet we lost the majority of our away games in which he was supposed to be cutting out the space in the middle. a good player to have on the bench though, because he is quite versatile.

I like Vince, but i wonder how long he will stay and playing at the back. He left Hamburg because he had a showdown with coach because he wanted to play in midfield and not at centre half. Left Hamburg to come to us and weve only since gone and signed the player that was stopping playing in the holding role at Hamburg - de Jong.

Vince dont like playing at the back

he wasnt THAT bad, ffs we kept a CLEAN sheet!(yes I know that was majoritly down to Given but still), he's been injured, he looked ok bar some iffy moments but Lescott and Bridge both had them too and there aren't identical threads for them. To me he looked solid in many parts of the game and he won't have to face the pace of "Chu Cho" every week.

2bh It was either him or Richards so I know who I wanted in there today and Mark Hughes agreed with me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.