Kudos to Mancini "takes blame for City's Defeat"

pride, passion, the will to win, desire - these qualities too play their part in winning football games

I haven't seen the game (other than the goals). However, I've seen Liverpool enough times this season under either manager to know that they are shite. I don't know what the game-plan was (somebody tell me) but this is/was a defining week in our season and it's off to a bad start. I hope to f___ that we can salvage something on Saturday.

Balti said:
pride, passion, the will to win, desire - these qualities too play their part in winning football games

Mancini threw the towel in at half time. There was no way that dressingroom was a place of will to win and desire after 45 minutes. 3-0 down with Rooney injured. Ferguson would still have believed they could get something from the game. And his players subsequently would have believed it.

We played the second half to merely see the game out. Rarely even huffed and puffed. There was no belief that we could change, adapt, and drive on. 3-0 to us was game over. To Utd, defeat is unnaceptable. Unthinkable.

And Ferguson is seething with rage, anger, steel in his eyes after a defeat. Mancini looks like he is going to cry. Don't underestimate the significance of those things. Yes it comes with winning. And experience. But to merely hide behind those, as the only factors is wrong.

GazM said:
I haven't seen the game (other than the goals). However, I've seen Liverpool enough times this season under either manager to know that they are shite. I don't know what the game-plan was (somebody tell me) but this is/was a defining week in our season and it's off to a bad start. I hope to f___ that we can salvage something on Saturday.

Sorry I watched the game but have no idea what the game plan was.

gio's side step said:
However, the real mistake last night was this. Liverpool are not a technically gifted side (other than Suarez). They are efficient, well coached, and fit. Anfield is perhaps the worst ground in the country to go as an away side - if you start poorly. I am not advocating a cautious performance here. Absolutely not. However, the first 10 minutes should have been about control. Taking the steam out of the game. Not allowing Liverpool to set a high tempo and keep the crowd reasonably quiet other than a few huffs and puffs. We do that by keeping posession, across the back four, into midfield, back again etc, as we did against Utd at Old Trafford, and then when the pass is on, move the ball out wide to Johnson. We rushed this, had poor retention, and allowed Liverpool to dominate the midfield in the first 10 minutes - and subsequently press us extremely high.

That's why De Jong was crucial incase that happened. And Silva because he would have occupied space between the lines, thus making Lucas and Spearing sit deeper - and giving us more space in midfield.

It was a season definining 30 minutes

Yeah, we started in an awful rush, it wasn't like us at all. We allowed Liverpool to set the tempo from the start, and couldn't deal with their high pressing - even as the game went on, Hart just punted the ball forward to bypass their pressure, rather than playing out from the back as we've done all season.

What most disappointed me most, though, was the lack of movement. Without Silva and Tevez, we don't seem to have anyone with the sense to drop off and find space - there were a few times when Barry or Yaya would get to the edge of Liverpool's final third, only to find MB, ED, AJ, JM lined up on the edge of their 18 yard box.

It's hard to debate this one tactically, as we were basically fucked after twenty minutes, but I would agree with Gio - the one thing that struck me was the need to slow the game down in the early stages. Very unlike us (we do have faults in our game, but this hasn't been one of them).

gio's side step said:
Balti said:

Mancini threw the towel in at half time. There was no way that dressingroom was a place of will to win and desire after 45 minutes. 3-0 down with Rooney injured. Ferguson would still have believed they could get something from the game. And his players subsequently would have believed it.

We played the second half to merely see the game out. Rarely even huffed and puffed. There was no belief that we could change, adapt, and drive on. 3-0 to us was game over. To Utd, defeat is unnaceptable. Unthinkable.

And Ferguson is seething with rage, anger, steel in his eyes after a defeat. Mancini looks like he is going to cry. Don't underestimate the significance of those things. Yes it comes with winning. And experience. But to merely hide behind those, as the only factors is wrong.

I bet not many top managers spend five mins in a corridor talking to the coaches when 3-0 down at anfield.

Mancini did. What must the players think when they're all sat there needing some direction and the clown is outside.

I'll say it again, fergie would win the league with our squad. Sad but true

GazM said:
I haven't seen the game (other than the goals). However, I've seen Liverpool enough times this season under either manager to know that they are shite.

Nah, not last night. They swarmed us high up the pitch from the off, and countered in numbers. Taught us a lesson.

he gets kudos when he gets it right, in no way does he get it for admitting he was wrong last night, it was there for everyone to see he got it badly wrong last night

Mancrobbo said:
gio's side step said:

I bet not many top managers spend five mins in a corridor talking to the coaches when 3-0 down at anfield.

Mancini did. What must the players think when they're all sat there needing some direction and the clown is outside.

Yep, I read that too. Rather alarming to be honest.

Mancrobbo said:
gio's side step said:

I've been posting about him not going in the dressing room since I saw it with my own two eyes in this season's home derby, and been roundly abused and called a liar.

Fucking scandalous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.