Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep he will want 50m and wont budge till a few weeks before transfer window closes its great getting the player and manager agreeing but the chairman of other clubs can delay any deal.

If that is the case then we just can't get Walker, even if he and his agent want the move.

We have to get everyone early and workign together as a team to hit the ground running. No late arrivals.

TH seems to think Levy is willing to play ball though so it might not be the slog you're expecting.

David Levy is ruthless in the transfer market - always getting the advantage in trades.

With that in mind, I'd certainly pursue Walker but only as a backup/contingency/negotiation-tactic - we'd be screwed by Levy were we to make a deal and it would likely drag on and on and on until the close of the transfer window - at which point we'd be royally screwed - either by massively overpaying or failing to get a quality right back in the summer window.

With players from Monaco and Benfica respectively costing in excess of £40m, a top player from an English club will not go for less. Especially not when Daniel Levy is factored into the equation.

An England international in his prime years no less. It's not going to be less than 50m. I hope we don't pay that much to Levy.

Walker has said he's good byes city won't budge from what they want to pay now and spurs won't want an unhappy player at the club and will want as much time as possible to get a replacement in or back up

I'm not entirely sure why Levy is viewed as the be all when it comes to negotiations. He wants the most he can for a player but he's not as shrewd as is made out. Was it £32m for Sissoko?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.