Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Levy would be over the moon, we (spurs) don't appear to want to sell to a rival hence the high price, we can afford to pay 40m on players just not the wages that dictates, so if we can keep ahold of a 40m player on 70k all the better for levy

Not necessarily, unhappy players unsettle dressing rooms.

I think Bayern are interested in Henrichs, part of me hopes they do so Kimmich becomes available. Walker will get done, and he'll be an unbelievable addition to the squad.
Being German probably puts Bayern in the driving seat with Henrichs, no need for him to move country if he can go to Bayern but he would get more game time with us I think would be something for him to consider.

Don't nail the guy to cross for everything, it was assumed Isco was done last January, but the club were very quick to knock it down in briefings.

Done deals always need ink.

Indeed. With Isco I recall him saying we were at a very advanced stage rather than saying it was done though.

But we know that things can change at a moments notice if the contract isn't signed.

Not necessarily, unhappy players unsettle dressing rooms.
Too true, worked OK with Modric not so much Berbatov

But we do have to box clever to compete with wage restrictions so would happily take the risk as an upgrade on him is very unlikely.

I think he is a very good fb defensively and going forwards and would be gutted to see him go but understand why he would

Its going to the point where its damn stupid to buy good english player from your rivals, because the tax is insane. I actually wish it would become reality where it would be almost impossible to buy any player from PL because of financial might of pl teams. So teams would have to bring talent from others leagues and by doing that just adding to PL. Instead of ravaging each other and wasting stupid money on fucking Pickfords. OR actually relying on bringing talent through ranks.

I really enjoy this 'i dont want us to fill spurs coffers' argument. Who are spurs going to buy? It's not like they have the clout to sign anyone huge and that's not how the club works anyway.

They play really nice football but I can see spurs being a team that comes very close but never quite wins the PL, and with that wage structure they can hardly attract the big big signings.

If we do end up giving them £50 million they'll just spunk it on another Moussa Sissoko or Son. Now those kind of signings can definitely work out, don't get me wrong, but I don't think we should be as worried as some on this forum seem to be.

It was from Feb of this year apparently, I don't think it matters that much, he's pretty much said he's a Spurs fan that's not going to change is it. Not a deal breaker but it is a reason for opting for a player from a team who aren't domestic rivals... the trouble is I don't think we are the only side targeting right backs and fullbacks this summer.

From a quick glance there doesn't seem to be many to choose from: Sidibe(AS Monaco), Bellerin(Arsenal...so not much better), Henrichs(B Leverkusen), Fabinho(AS Monaco)

Not heard much about Henrichs but out of the four might be the one we have the most realistic chance of signing.

Benjamin Henrichs renewed his contract with Leverkusen mate, so I don't think he intends to leave them this summer.

Benjamin Henrichs renewed his contract with Leverkusen mate, so I don't think he intends to leave them this summer.
You could be right but sometimes that's done to demand a higher fee, insert higher buyout clauses and so on.

Thanks for the Walker update on that periscope I posted guys. Just saw a tweet saying we'd have gone after Pereira if we wouldn't have landed Walker.

Should be done soon I recon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.