Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst Levy has a reputation as a tough negotiator, this feels a little bit different from the other times. With Bale, Modric etc they didn't want to sell and didn't need to.

You get the feeling now though that given they're competing to win the league whilst also having to finance a new stadium, they can't afford to walk away from a deal that will raise good money without massively hurting the team. In my view, Trippier is an inferior player but has held his own when called upon which means Spurs might see Walker as an asset they can move on. Add to that the fact that they dropped him at the end of the season and there's clearly been a falling out there, they're not in as strong a position as they normally would be.

spurs fan here

been watching with interest your site as you seem to be doing a lot of exciting stuff this window,

with regards walker, he would be a good signing for you i think, he is strong and wins the ball back which with all your attacking talent would help quickly turn defence into attack which is why im sure pep wants him, obvs the HG thing is the major factor too. trippier is better when were playing southampton at home but against the top teams you need defenders that can defend and walker gives that,

we wont sell cheaply, no way will he leave for less than you paid for stones, 50mill incl add ons i believe that was, the player does not have to be sold because of the stadium, poch is willing to let the player go but levy has his price and negotiations start once a fee is agreed with levy!!!

dont believe the mirror, sun etc, thats laughable.

i think its 50/50 whether you get walker, the player was pictured with spurs fans recently and told them he didnt want to leave, i guess he would say that but he hasnt exactly used the media to say he is unhappy etc so i dont think its certain he wants a move, although clearly open to it as he hasnt denied anything in the press.

walker was living in a hotel for the last few months of the season which may suggest family problems, maybe this is part of his desire for a move

we all want our team to be the best and we have over achieved for a couple of years now, i hope we can do the same next year and win the league but i doubt it and like you guys i loathe all other clubs :-) however i dislike arsenal, chelsea more than you guys of course and pool and utd i cannot stand so if we cannot pull off the miracle and win the league i hope its you guys.

Good luck for the season coming.

spurs fan here

been watching with interest your site as you seem to be doing a lot of exciting stuff this window,

with regards walker, he would be a good signing for you i think, he is strong and wins the ball back which with all your attacking talent would help quickly turn defence into attack which is why im sure pep wants him, obvs the HG thing is the major factor too. trippier is better when were playing southampton at home but against the top teams you need defenders that can defend and walker gives that,

we wont sell cheaply, no way will he leave for less than you paid for stones, 50mill incl add ons i believe that was, the player does not have to be sold because of the stadium, poch is willing to let the player go but levy has his price and negotiations start once a fee is agreed with levy!!!

i think its 50/50 whether you get walker, the player was pictured with spurs fans recently and told them he didnt want to leave, i guess he would say that but he hasnt exactly used the media to say he is unhappy etc so i dont think its certain he wants a move, although clearly open to it as he hasnt denied anything in the press.

walker was living in a hotel for the last few months of the season which may suggest family problems, maybe this is part of his desire for a move

we all want our team to be the best and we have over achieved for a couple of years now, i hope we can do the same next year and win the league but i doubt it and like you guys i loathe all other clubs :-) however i dislike arsenal, chelsea more than you guys of course and pool and utd i cannot stand so if we cannot pull off the miracle and win the league i hope its you guys.

Good luck to you as well.

spurs fan here

Always interesting to hear another fans take on it. Personally I doubt we will go as high as we did for Stones. Full backs tend to be cheaper , there are probably a few more right backs around than centre backs and he is a fair bit older.
I might be wrong only time will tell what fee if any is settled on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.