Kylian Mbappé

The transfer fee revolt will happen, clubs will only pay reasonable amounts.

The only logical reason for a player to accept a new contract from a club they don't plan on staying at long term, is if their wages go up astronmically and they still want to be there for atleast another year or two (Sancho).

This is why the Kane situation is kind of nuts, the fee is way too high, and Kane's contract is too long for City to have him run down.
This logic only applies to everyone else except City, PSG and Chelsea. We will get quoted insane fees because everyone knows we have the cash no matter what.

Fact is, if we want top striker we will have to pay the premium there is no other way.

This logic only applies to everyone else except City, PSG and Chelsea. We will get quoted insane fees because everyone knows we have the cash no matter what.

Fact is, if we want top striker we will have to pay the premium there is no other way.
But that's the point, of course if a player puts themself in the situation Kane has that's the only way, for someone to HAVE to pay that mega fee.

But Mbappe, Sancho etc, players will look at this trend and realize that it's better to have the BIG money come there way.

As for your last statement, there will be a premium on Kane that I think City won't pay. Let's see who is right, my prediction is there is no way City pay 150m or beyond for him, 100-120m is the reasonable amount I could see.

Fully agree.

The big winners are the players (+agents) who let their contracts run down. You have to think in line with total cost. £100k a weak is £5.2m a year over a 5 year deal that is £26m. That is nothing in comparison to a big transfer fee in the current market.

So players signing up for a 5 year deal on £100k a weak are taking chump change. A top player should be thinking that a £100m fee + wages is what top clubs are willing to pay for a top player. So if i'm an agent and I have a client like Mbappe - I'm saying run that bad boy down and ask for £150m over 5 years minimum, and that goes 100% to the player (+agent). Why would you not do that as a top player. Clubs + UEFA can do F all to stop it.

Fans wont like it but they will have to adjust because there is only going to be more of it.
UEFA can do plenty to stop it and will, wage cap rules will prevent this being the norm. We likely won't ever see a true wage cap but we're going to see an increase in the x%of revenue as wages cap and other similar rules being brought in to ensure power stays predominately with the clubs and not the players, and rightly so too. transfer fees (in theory, depending on the owners, hello glazers) means most of the money stays in the game, huge signing on fees goes out of the game into 2 pockets.

According to ESPN gossip, Liverpool are currently head of the queue should he leave PSG. I wonder if that is because of his own personal choice or what Liverpool are prepared to offer him and PSG financially?

According to ESPN gossip, Liverpool are currently head of the queue should he leave PSG. I wonder if that is because of his own personal choice or what Liverpool are prepared to offer him and PSG financially?

I just don’t understand this. Why would he turn down us then think Liverpool was a good place to live?

Why don’t players see City as the pinnacle of their options? Three of the last four titles, ten years in a row in the CL and something like 10 of the last 14 available domestic trophies, plus Pep as manager!

Why the fuck would any player not be begging us to sign them?

What do scousers and rags have that we don’t?

I just don’t understand this. Why would he turn down us then think Liverpool was a good place to live?

Why don’t players see City as the pinnacle of their options? Three of the last four titles, ten years in a row in the CL and something like 10 of the last 14 available domestic trophies, plus Pep as manager!

Why the fuck would any player not be begging us to sign them?

What do scousers and rags have that we don’t?
Stanley knives and rats?

liverpool ain't paying his wages,hes going to madrid he wanted to extend only if there's clause that he can go to madrid

I heard on ESPNFC after France's loss the other day Frank Leboeuf casual drop Mbappe potentially to us and I did a double take.

Without even knowing any details at all, my reaction to such a story is that it is an utter nonsense.

We know Mbappe's a free agent next summer so any rumour to City will be his agent trying to get a better contract for him.

The man has turned us down more than once, and we know he has his eye on RM next summer.

We also see some posters here rightly pointing that Pogba is available on a free next summer as well and we know they both want RM to surely to play together there.

I have serious doubts PSG would EVER want to do business with us.

After United I think I'd rank them 2nd, quite a distance ABOVE Liverpool, as least willing to work with us.

The club owners and the countries they are from we know have political connections within (I am NOT claiming either are state run) and have been serious enemies for some time, where diplomatic relations were only recently restored.

This is a smoke screen and feels like waste of our time speculating baring someone can show some significant evidence on the contrary.

liverpool ain't paying his wages,hes going to madrid he wanted to extend only if there's clause that he can go to madrid
Almost compete fantasy, but I saw the UK press on this rumour more than once in the last year.

I'd say IF there's no RM, sure they are up there, but this is not reality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.