Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
All my posts are logic based. Are you convinced the value is there on buying de Gea? I just can't see it dom. Seems forced? Thoughts?

The team's biggest weakness is the goalkeeper. De Gea is a great goalkeeper.

Perez wants a galactico, DDG would be a galactico, and not only that, a record fee for a keeper and a Spanish player as well.

His family are in Madrid, his girlfriend is in Madrid, he forced it to happen once before, and United caved in.

He ticks all the boxes, more so than Mbappé.

The team's biggest weakness is the goalkeeper. De Gea is a great goalkeeper.

Perez wants a galactico, DDG would be a galactico, and not only that, a record fee for a keeper and a Spanish player as well.

His family are in Madrid, his girlfriend is in Madrid, he forced it to happen once before, and United caved in.

He ticks all the boxes, more so than Mbappé.

I agree about De Gea. I also would not completely rule out a move for Hazard as another Galactico.

I just think Aguero would be 3rd or 4th choice for Madrid, for me the likes of Aubemeyang, Dybala and even Kane would be more desirable.

There is even talk in the press today that Ronaldo has asked Lewandowski to join Madrid.

Vasilyev said in todays interview that Mbappe's contract doesn't have a release clause as such practice is prohibited in France.
Edit: also added that the decision will be made in summer but he personally thinks that staying for another year would be a better choice for the kid.

Maybe you're right and that's why they might win 3/4 CL's. Hence why I've said they're the best club in the world. You can't deny all the things that has to happen for us to pull off mbappe though.

Oh, I don't disagree on that. He is a once in a generation talent. I think it is amazing that we are even at the table.

I don't really think Aguero is that much of an issue in whether we get Mbappe or not though. I think he is off regardless.

Zidane loves Benzema. He's played a massive part in benzema's career, from mentoring him as a youngster, being integral to taking him to Madrid and reportedly a big reason why Higuain left and Benzema stayed.

It would take a lot for him to dump Benzema, and realy until this season he has had an absolutely vital role of linking together Bale and Ronaldo, being the guy who drops off while those two run beyond, and occupies defenders with his presence in the box. I'm really not convinced Mbappé would suit that kind of role yet, it's basically the exact opposite of what he's getting plaudits for now.

All good points. And I am not saying that they will or should move him on for Mbappe. I personally hope they don't.

I just don't think RM is going to keep him around out of sentiment.

I don't agree that Benzema wouldn't be hard to move. That's incredibly insulting to the ego to be pushed out after winning the league / CL.

You have family/life issues also. Can you imagine dropping Kun after 93:20? Somewhat similar.
Not really. They'll keep Benzema if he is okay being a backup (Most top players aren't) so Benzema would find a top team that shows him love.

And you can't compare 93:20 to Benzema.

Aguero was our best player (arguably), Benzema is not top 5 at Real... He is clearly behind Ronaldo, Bale, Modric, Kroos, and a few others.
Also Real wins things all the time. This was our first title in decades. Again, not comparable.

But either way. I don't see it happening.

Yeah DeGea is undoubtedly a pretty decent keeper but whereas Meier and Buffon have won world cups, DeGea has barely registered in major international tournaments or the latter stages of the CL.
There is no agreed definition of a Galactico that I know of but DeGea does not as yet fit the image in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.