Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's happened since last night then? Have our chips been pissed on?

Not a lot has changed, reports this morning that we haven't launched an official bid and are not going to at the prices discussed. However, that was from the journalists in England, the ones out in LA were briefed that we are very interested.

Pep was asked about Mbappe and basically said 'He's a Monaco player' but also said 'Anything can happen'.

Now there's talks of Monaco renewing his contract but nobody sees the sense in that from Mbappe's point of view.

Monaco's owner said no one else is for sale but then he's playing a risky game because Mbappe will be in his final year of his contract next summer and I doubt they'll get the prices being quoted this season, next season.

That's about it.

I think we are desensitized to the figures we are talking about. £140m-160m for ONE player!!! Madness! I'd love to know how many years gate receipts that is for Monaco, or merchandise sells etc. Or randomly how many years turnover is that for a club like rochdale for example. Crazy crazy money.

But pay it please City haha.
That's only one side of the equation. I don't know too much about what's on the other side but the rewards for success are also huge.

There are no guarantees in football, but I think if we were to buy Mbappe we'd be on a par footballing wise with anyone. I rate him really highly. Most exciting player I have seen since Messi and Ronaldo came through.

So now we see if Mbappe is prepared to play a waiting game at Monaco. We all know he's not staying there. Does he stay there for one more season, or move on. I don't really see why Monaco want to keep him for one more season. He might find next season a lot more difficult in a weaker team, and lose focus.

I think this is going to run a bit longer yet.

Just 18 years of age and we have two of his former team mates who helped him deliver such impressive stats last season (there's also Tony Martial in Manchester who he no doubt had some kind of relationship when at Monaco). We also have a far younger group of attacking talent than Real Madrid also. Add to it a great manager renowned for developing talent, being able to really be a part of a potentially history making squad and still being young enough to follow the route C. Ronaldo did should he choose, I think there's a huge amount of attraction.

When asked if Aguero would be here next season.

"Absolutely"

"there has never been any doubt about that"

“Sergio Aguero is one of the best players in the world and we are a team that aspires to win in every competition we compete in.

“Having Sergio Aguero as part of the squad is an absolute must and it has never been in doubt.”

Why are people constantly wondering will he go or won’t he. Aguero is obviously a main part of our plans. The chairman stated it clearly in a pre planed edited club interview, if he didn’t want to discuss it the question would not have been asked.

He was making a statement of intent

Sometimes its the chemistry in a team that is the magic ingredient. It might just be that when all Monaco's component parts are sold off that none of them work as well as they had in that original mix.

This, every day. Same reason we don't need to be spending so much on one player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.