Kylian Mbappe

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by taleofbluehalves, 15 Apr 2018.

1. Manc in London

Manc in London

Is it just me who thinks he comes across as a bit of a diva/nob? Admittedly, a lot of the stuff we hear is through newspapers and Twitter sources.

Granted, he is very, very good and has the word at his feet.

2. karen7

karen7

His ego has soared,he spoke out recently to say he wanted to be the main man and parity with Neymar,it was disrespectful to do that in public,definate diva with big demandshe would fit right in,not

Manc in London likes this.
  3. Thenumber1blue

Thenumber1blue

Won't happen,move on

4. St.Pauli support

St.Pauli support

Next summer Sergio has 1 year left (if he doesn't extend) and surely City already have various ideas about that key position.

A worldclass striker has his value and even City can't rate Mbappé below 100m in a rising market environment.
    Surely we don't go beyond our valuation and that's fine.
    In that case the player must want to join us.
    Then anything could happen.

Btw, as long as crazy market prizes are still rising the 100m fee line naturally would come closer, also for us.
    Not for a CB like Maguire, but you don't find worldclass forwards anywhere, there's a huge difference.

Mbappé is an extraordinary player.
    I also have some issues about his character, but it could be ok in a good squad like ours under Pep.

5. waspish

waspish

When seen this link I didnt even make me blink its never going to happen.

svennis likes this.
  6. ctid1894

ctid1894

This and only this. The squad/team is far more important in building long term success than any individual player(s). No chance will we break the wage structure for any player because we simply don’t have a need. We don’t need Mbappe or anyone else for that matter because we have a team spirit and everyone working together which is far more valuable.

karen7 and spider blue like this.
  7. ctid1894

ctid1894

We won’t buy a world class striker to replace Aguero, whoever comes in will be a young up and coming striker who will has the potential to become world class while he’s with us. Don’t get me wrong we might still end up paying £60-80m (e.g. Rodri) but we won’t be going after a Mbappe, Neymar, Kane etc. absolutely no chance because it’s not fair on the players who have come here and had to fight to earn their place.

Graeme Souness and Centurions like this.
  8. Graeme Souness

Graeme Souness

100%. We have never bought a world class finished article and I’d be surprised if we ever do. Deeds not words, look how the club has operated and it tells you all you need to know. We’re in at the beginning for that first big move. If they turn us down we move on. Think the only time we tried it properly was Kaka.

9. deano ou812

deano ou812

As some have posted slightly tongue in cheek,he could well link up with pep but it will be at peps next club probably them lot in Turin ...

10. VinceYoungisaBLUE

VinceYoungisaBLUE

hmm came in here to argue this but the more I think the more I draw blanks, other than Carlos Tevez... maybe Nasri?

Dribble likes this.