Kyogo Furuhashi - on final striker shortlist

As far as I can tell, this is a player who desperately needs shoulder surgery which, once undergone, will put him out of action for around four months. Also, while fairly prolific as a goalscorer, he's only done it in minor leagues. Stranger things have happened but I'd be amazed if there's any truth in these rumours.
We are looking for a backup striker towards the end of the market. We have a superstar upfront for us that the signing won’t be able to compete with. This is the type of signing we will make I’m sure about it.

Wages why's he won't be on much at Celtic so paying 25m and wages if 75k A week is 3.6m a year x 4 year contract is around 40m deal all in for a back up striker who can play in multiple positions too.. one thing with him is he is great technically on the ball link up is good..

Surprised he didnt end up at Spurs with Ange. Will be even more surprised if he ends up with us, I do think he is good player though

Wages why's he won't be on much at Celtic so paying 25m and wages if 75k A week is 3.6m a year x 4 year contract is around 40m deal all in for a back up striker who can play in multiple positions too.. one thing with him is he is great technically on the ball link up is good..
£25M?? That is insane.

He joined Celtic for £4.5M 3 seasons ago at age 26.

He performed well scored a lot but he gets shoulder injury problems and will be 30 by January. Transfermarkt valued him at 14M euros.

Spurs tried to sign him in 2023 and the price they talked about was around £16m. Spurs still felt it was a bit more than ideal. No way we are going to pay significantly more when he gets more injury and grows older.

For a reference Danny Ings joined West Ham at 30 years old for £12M + 3M add ons. Home grow. Liverpool on the resume. Plenty PL experiences. Although it did not work well at West Ham it is the market value of a back up striker around 30.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.