Kyogo Furuhashi - on final striker shortlist

Fits the bill for what we need tbf. Think pep could make a lot of use out of him. It’s just weighing up whether we are better with him or a false nine.

Surprised he didnt end up at Spurs with Ange. Will be even more surprised if he ends up with us, I do think he is good player though
His agent also represents Ange (and Walker). It was his way to ask Celtic to provide a better contract extension. He played pretty same game with us last summer. He used Bayern Munich interest to get a good deal and a sushi dinner for Walker.

He might need shoulder surgery, means he'll be out for 4-5 months. No idea why we're going after him?

I think this would be the weirdest signing for many years. I can only see him playing if Haaland is injured, in which I think we will play with a false 9 and this lad will just be used as a super sub if things aren’t working out.

I feel like I remember the false nine era of Pep’s tenure very differently to most of the fanbase. I remember nearly everyone we played there being mostly ineffective and eventually it was Gundogan who actually scored the goals to win us the league. I wouldn’t be surprised if the board are reluctant to go back to that system.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.