La Liga 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alavés doing quite well so far this season. Fifth in the table on 32 pts only 1 point Sevilla and RM who are in 3rd and 4th respectively. I do enjoy seeing the Basque country teams do well for whatever reason.

John Guidetti doesn't seem to be making much of a mark with them though. In 11 matches he hasn't scored and has only 1 assist.

Back from a long weekend in Madrid.

I went to Rayo Vallecano v Celta Vigo on Friday night. Rayo won 4-2 with Bebe (yes that one) scoring the fourth. Great game with a lot of quality from both so surprised to see their respective league positions in the doldrums.

Leganes v Huesca on Saturday. Not a great game and Leganes edged it 1-0. Highlight was a Pancetta bocadilla (hot pork sandwich).

Atletico Madrid v Levante at Sunday lunch time. Hopefully a bit of a scouting for our trip there in June ;). Its an impressive stadium, although it could do with a lick of paint to give it a bit of colour. Reminded me how grey ours was until about 10 years ago. Straightforward to get to and from, but it is quite far out from the centre. The game itself was ok - Levante were a bit better than I expected although I knew they had beaten Barca a few days prior. A Griezmann penalty was enough to win 1-0 but both sides had chances.

AD Alcorcon v Almeria. Segunda Division game on Sunday afternoon, but they gave out free beer outside the stadium! That was one of the only redeeming features though, as it was the worst game of the weekend and finished 0-0.

Flew home on Monday with plenty of time to get to the Etihad to see the mighty blues win.

Good weekend. 13/20 La Liga grounds visited now. Celta Vigo, Real Sociedad, Real Vallodollid, Huesca, Girona, Espanyol, and Levante to go.

He'll get a one game ban tops and even that would be unlikely imo.
I have a feeling he’ll only get a “heavy” fine.

They have previous for sabre rattling, especially with Bale and a few other Real players. Had it been an Atleti player, though, they would actually get a ban, as has been the case in the past.

I just thought the headline was too bombastic not to post — this is more a placeholder (like my news posts in the Liverpool thread — *cough* Klopp ref comments *cough*) for reference when nothing of note happens.

That's brilliant for La Liga and football fans in general.

Still think there should be a free to air champions league game on ITV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.