La Liga official complaint about City

ok let me try and clarify. Maybe it’s me that is confused.
when someone says City are ‘state owned’ what do they mean? Owned by what state? UAE which is the country or AD which is an emirate?
It is SM’s position within UAE that is most often cited and he is not an absolute monarch of UAE. Or do you think state owned means owned by AD where, yes he is an absolute monarch.

I don't think we are state-owned at all, so you would need to ask someone who thinks we are but I doubt they know what they mean.

To guess, I think when they talk about state-owned and state-funded they are talking about Abu Dhabi and when they talk about human rights abuses, they are talking about AD (social issues) and the UAE (foreign policy issues).

Just to correct, Mansour isn't the absolute monarch of AD, his brother is. He is a senior member of the royal family though, obviously.

I'm with you on this one, I don't get it either.

One of Sheik Mansour's brothers is the leader/monarch of the UAE, and another has the same role in Abu Dhabi. Sheik Mansour seems to have had lot's of government roles over the last 25 years, so he is influential. However, he and his descendants will be sidelined in much the same way as Princess Margaret's line has, Prince Andrew's and so on. So to depict him as a ruler or the state confuses me?

It is clear Sheik Mansour bought the club and owns (now most) of it, and not Abu Dhabi.

Liverpool and United are owned by Americans and all their sponsors are now American when they weren't before, so why is it odd that City have lots of deals with UAE based businesses?

The club is worth a lot more than he has invested now, so he's turning a nice coin out if it.

I totally get that the club has been bought in part to help promote tourism to Abu Dhabi (just look at the match magazine!) and a luxury airline, but why is that odd? Emirates sponsored Chelsea then Arsenal?
The whole thing stinks of hypocrisy and covert racism. I just wish the Club could find a way of flushing a blocked toilet of untruths and lies.
I don't think we are state-owned at all, so you would need to ask someone who thinks we are but I doubt they know what they mean.

To guess, I think when they talk about state-owned and state-funded they are talking about Abu Dhabi and when they talk about human rights abuses, they are talking about AD (social issues) and the UAE (foreign policy issues).

Just to correct, Mansour isn't the absolute monarch of AD, his brother is. He is a senior member of the royal family though, obviously.
If that’s the case, he is not the absolute monarch of AD either then.
what is an emirate legally. It’s not recognised as a country. Is it the equivalent of a state within the US? Or is it a Kingdom or Principality?

Sick and tired of this bollocks,that prick tebas is spouting as the Spanish league isn’t relevant anymore in terms of big players he threw his toys out of the pram as Mbappe snubbed a move to Madrid and Spain and Haaland also snubbed Madrid and apparently Barca ( although I’d take that with a pinch of salt as they are financially fucked) its all about trying to keep the Spanish league in the media spotlight..

Tebas is overseeing the demise of La Liga , and the fact Spanish clubs cannot now attract the box office players they previously plundered throughout europe , Barca are depending on free transfers and mortgaging their income for the next 25 years , Real are limited to how much of their income they can spend on salaries due to La Liga's rules
It is a sign of a fat desperate man to throw unproven accusations backed up by incorrect facts , he's a fat balding jealous **** who is knee deep in the shit , hopefully Mr.Creosote will soon self combust when he eats "one more waffa thin mint"

Think of how much determination the Spanish clubs will have to setup a Superleague, level the playing field, make even more money, make PSG/City/NUFC suffer. It must be the number 1 priority and I believe Tebas is setting up the case for it.

The whole thing stinks of hypocrisy and covert racism. I just wish the Club could find a way of flushing a blocked toilet of untruths and lies.

If that’s the case, he is not the absolute monarch of AD either then.
what is an emirate legally. It’s not recognised as a country. Is it the equivalent of a state within the US? Or is it a Kingdom or Principality?
Mansour isn't the absolute monarch of anything.

An emirate is just a territory ruled by an emir. So what is an emir? Seems historically, that he was just the leader, usually military, of a group of people, often a tribe, who would gain land by conquest. Their emirate. They could then apply for recognition of their emirate/emir.

In the case of the UAE each of the seven emirates was previously a sheikhdom, based on particular tribes, under the protection of the British. The word emirate was chosen over sheikhdom when the UAE was formed apparently because sheikh doesn't always denote leadership in a sovereign sense, whereas emir does. Actually, their title is still Sheikh. No-one refers to Emir Mohamed of Abu Dhabi, he is Sheikh Mohamed, the Emir of Abu Dhabi.

Anyone feel free to correct anything I have wrong. It's all pretty confusing to me too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.