La liga vs Premier league

Sleeping_Easy

Just been discussing this with some mates and the majority (myself included) are of the opinion that the top two teams in spain are quality but past that its generally of a lower standard than the premier league.

So two questions really:

1. Which league is better? (i know this can be taken in different ways so take it how you want)
2. What would be your 'la liga X1' and 'prem X1' ?

Discuss

How many times does this topic have to come up.

Anyway, the La Liga XI is basically 9 players from Barca and 2 players from Real.

I watch most of the matches on Sky, Barca and Madrid are better than any team in the Prem but the Prem is a better league.

La Liga is barely a competitive league anymore, it's just an exhibition. It's incredibly unbalanced, some of the bottom teams are barely league 2 standard. I also hate how every foul seems to lead to a card and players always stay down after a tackle (even if it's a good challenge!). I know players dive in the Prem, but it's just on a whole different level there.

Bundesliga > La Liga.

Yea interms of competition our league dominates, there is 20 clubs and only 4 have won it but most clubs have a go and we all know anyone can overturn anyone.

La Liga is better to watch, players have more time on the ball etc but we all know what the table will look like at the end of the season.

Its not the top teams in the prem that make it the best, its the teams down to position14/15 that make it so.. if you know what i mean.

I agree about the top 2 teams bit. you probably can prove it by thinking that the best 11 in spain, would include probably 8 or 9 out of the 11 from them 2 teams (Barca n Real) as for the best 11 in england, probably would have players from us, the rags, chelsea, tottenham and arsenal and maybe others.

Premier League is more entertaining and played at a faster pace but La Liga is technically better, to be honest though Barcelona are in a league of their own even Real Madrid are nowhere near them.

Sleeping_Easy said:
Just been discussing this with some mates and the majority (myself included) are of the opinion that the top two teams in spain are quality but past that its generally of a lower standard than the premier league.

So two questions really:

1. Which league is better? (i know this can be taken in different ways so take it how you want)
2. What would be your 'la liga X1' and 'prem X1' ?

Discuss

Cant really compare - quite simply the way the game is played and reffed is different in both league - La Liga is non contact (cant watch it outside Barca - Real) whiilst prem is trench war fare (note Edin recent comments)

If Barca played in Prem with english stylee refs they would not be as effective - if Prem teams played in La Liga under Spanish ref they would get mullered by both Real and Barca and compete well with all other teams

In terms of players La Liga has the best footballer but its a piss poor league and the games are fookin boring

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.