La Liga want Man City investigation

I was wondering that. I’d be interested to know if there’s a breakdown available anywhere, detailing which of our sponsors gives us what. £40m a season from Etihad is well known, as is £12m a year from Nike, and I’ve seen the Nissan deal estimated at £4m a year for 5 years, but beyond that I’m in the dark. What do we get from Nexen Tires, QNet, Etisalat or TCA Abu Dhabi?

Our total commercial income is 218m, and we know Etihad is £40m per year, or 18.4%.

So I don't see any way that the 85% non Abu Dhabi sponsorships figure can be true.

What about best way forward all clubs is only spent 150 million each year can't go over that amount cap on transfers spent

I think our Abu Dhabi based commercial income is roughly about 25% of the total commercial invome- formally about 20% but the enhanced Etihad deal has clearly increased the total a bit. As a propotion of the overall total it isn't very much.
Interestingly I can't see Etisalat listed as a related party any more so Sheikh Mansour must have sold his shares in them to another party - pobably the Abu Dhabi narional wealth fund.
The point that needs to be noted though is that the 25% is not the importaant value. It's how much we could have got elsewhere should we have chosen to do so.

Last edited:
Same with ManUre; Gulf Oil International..... But they earned their money through football didn't they? However we actually earned more on the pitch than they did! :-)
Gulf Oil is and always has been an American company. The Gulf in the name is the Gulf of Mexico, where the town the company was founded lies next to. So they aren't hypocrites with their arab money jibes, but they are with their oil money bullshit

Looking at other clubs it's clear this oil money jibe we get is quite ironic, anyone else wonder just how much of football sponsorships is in some way related to oil? I'm also wondering(granted probably wont see the effects of it in my lifetime) how much the move to electric cars(assuming the UK isn't the only country doing this) is going to affect things?

Last edited:
Someone posted on here when the annual report came out. I thnk it relates to total income not just sponsorships. Given the scale of TV money it sounds about right.
Might have said this earlier in the thread but I reckon sponsors from Abu Dhabi contribute about 15% of our total revenue, maybe a bit more. But even if Etihad wasn't our shirt sponsor then someone else would be at £40m a season. So it's really only the other 3 who give us additional revenue and how much can that be? £15m?

What about best way forward all clubs is only spent 150 million each year can't go over that amount cap on transfers spent
Why?

And why didn't the likes of the greedy scouters suggest this when they were using the pools' money to buy up the best players from all the other clubs.
Fucking hypocrites.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.