Labyrinthitis

Drewmanc

I've currently been suffering with this for the last 2 weeks, dizzy, vomiting and feeling generally useless. I'm 35 and this is the first illness I've ever had, I'm fit and well usually and like rock climbing/mountaineering and work for the emergency services - this has rocked my world and is really starting to worry me. Onset was overnight and I'm scared I'll never be my old self again, I can't drive and can't really leave my bed without being sick. No medications I've been given are working and I'm just having to see it through I guess but it's getting me down. Have any other BM'ers had this and did it pass and what treatments did you use because I'm at my wits end. If I was told this is how I would feel for the rest of my life I don't think I'd be able to face it!

Never heard of and it sounds grim. Does it not eventually fuck off with the right treatment? All the best.

Even Prochlorperazine is doing nothing, I got put on stronger anti sickness drugs and was still ill on them. I've been told I'll just wake up one day and feel fine but no one will put a timeline on it and its devastating to feel like this. Luckily the missus is understanding but I've a young family and I can't do anything for them at the moment. I'd sell my soul to shift this, it's horrible. I feel for you Andy if you've had this for nine months, if mine carried on for that long I'd also be unemployed and off my uni course I'm currently doing. Do you have good days/bad days as mine all feel the same - bad.

I suffer from Ménière's disease in both ears and have done for the last 12 years or so. When an attack comes on it is truly horrendous, attacks can last minutes, days, or even on occasion months. I can sympathize with the OP, I hit rock bottom for a while. Prochlorperazine is for the sickness, I take Betahistine dihydrochloride daily too. OP if you want to know any more feel free to pm me.

In the last year I've had seven spells of going dizzy and vomiting, and after several trips to the doctor and ENT/having an MRI scan I'm still not officially diagnosed but I believe it's Ménière's. One ear I've lost about 50% of my hearing and have tinnitus. I've not had a real episode since November but a few times a week I get light headed and have to concentrate to get rid.

There is a test where they rest something on your eardrum and pulse it for about 10 mins which can help determine if you have Meniere's. Ménière's does destroy your hearing I have to wear earing aids now.

There is a test where they rest something on your eardrum and pulse it for about 10 mins which can help determine if you have Meniere's. Ménière's does destroy your hearing I have to wear earing aids now.

I have an appointment at an audiology clinic next month, I think that's the test they'll do. Said I'll be there an hour. The ENT doc said the test wouldn't prove Ménière's 100%. I don't know what the fuck will!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.