Lack of pace in citys midfield ?

LoveCity said:
scousemanc said:
I thought Barry was poor in every department tonight. Misplaced passes, caught in possesion, giving away free kicks. Basically, a bit shit.

But in general has been one of our best players this season. The question may be if he is up to two games a week, may be one of those who needs to sit out every second game.

Agree. Sometimes he just looks lost, like he should be curled up on the sofa at home with a cup of hot chocolate and his missus stroking his hair. Have I gone too far there?

The midfield tonight tried to coast it. It didnt work out. Misplaced passes by all of midfield was a huge disapointment on the night. Juve were there for the taking tonight yet we had fuck all flair in the midfield. Johnson was so frustrating tonight. Took his goal well he has to learn when to run at the defence and when to pass the ball it will click for him but when is the question.

Also in January if we can get another creative central player in I would be all for it. More so against the well drilled teams both in Europe and here in the league. The pace of that midfield was never good.

Overall, I am quite pleased. I think several players had an off day today, and STILL we managed a draw against one of the world's top sides.

On the positive side, Komps was yet again amazing. Kolo very very good. Yaya excellent and Boateng is class. Boyata looks the business too.

Unfortunately Ade was rusty as hell, Tevez worked his socks off and won god knows how many balls back, but ultimately wasn't very dangerous. And Barry had a bad off day.

But we looked by miles the better team and bossed the game for 70 minutes. Pretty incredible for a team not playing that well. And some of our stuff was breathtaking.

I am really starting to think we may well win the Premiership.

stavros said:
i honestlt think a fit bellamy would be deadly in this team
No sure if you are being sarcastic there Stavros but it's true. To actually get behind defences rather than sideways passing infront of them.

i think that we do play so slow, and more passes going backwards, NO NO NO NO NO we need to pass forward and quick

bluestevei said:
i think that we do play so slow, and more passes going backwards, NO NO NO NO NO we need to pass forward and quick

Yep, that's a guaranteed way to lose control of the game and give away possession... There's a reason we've conceded so few this season, and although yes it is partly down to individual performances from the likes of Kompany, de Jong, it is also because of the simple fact that the opposition can't score if they don't have the ball, which we have kept so well this season with the master passing trio of de Jong, Yaya and Barry.

And some people on here are just spoilt brats, moaning after Saturday's result ffs. Just think back 4 years ago when we were losing 5 on the trot, and ask yourself what you would have done for a 1-1 draw with Juve then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.