laid off

C_T_I_D said:
My advice is to:

1. Put dog shit in a bag and set it on fire on their doorstep.
2. Send hate mail to your previous employer by cutting out letters from newspapers.

Either way you let them know how you feel about them :-)

Nah! Got to be a shit bomb. Dog turd in plastic bag, insert lit banger and through the letter box and offsky.

aphex said:
bowdonblue said:
Sorry to hear blue - what did they promise and what was BS?

BS?
BS-Bulllshit, the lies told at interview.
Exile, you been to a solicitor/CAB? You do have rights if employed continuously for over a year.
Same happened to me last year, came back from holiday and was told services no longer required as not up to scratch, person who sacked me, was asking me to cancel my holiday on my last day before break !
Was there for less than 12 month though

exileindevon said:
I just been sacked.I was doing a job that according to the daily mail british people wont do so hordes of illegal immigrants do them instead.basically its seasonal work cleaning chalets about 9 hours a week.minimum wage, i would get 20 quid more signing on but aint going to do that.anyway we were promise extra work today so went in early first hour was okay then they started picking up on things saying i'd not done this or that..ive been doing it the same way since march and had no complaints,i even got a £5 tip off some old guy.when i came to sign out i was told i would have to wait with no pay till all my chalets had been checked.er bollocks,i said i had somewhere to go.just got a phone call.apparently im not doing job proper.well i was doing it proper last few weeks and even got complimented off the person who just sacked me lol..PS the caravan site is owned by the sister of that "woman" off dragons den.o and shes a millionaire also..life goes on

the whole world is full of wankers. (well, bosses) hope you get something sorted soon. if you wernt so far away, i would offer you a tyskie. im well on my way!

get this one then i got a job in interview they asked me if i had any holidays booked i said 'this weekend is my brothers wedding and i am usher so i would need this weekend' to which they replied ok no problem i started the job on the friday they said 'oh it looks like its going to be a good weekend' i said ' yea cant wait should be a good due picked up the suits yesterday' basically they forgot and said i had to work or leave. I am still looking for a job fucking joke

aphex said:
bluereddish said:
Very sorry to hear it. What type of job was it? Perhaps if you post brief details someone on Bluemoon may be able to help.

it was a factory job, warehouse work. im just angry at the way i was treated. my main job is lathe setter, if anyone knows of a vacany id like to hear? i got laid off last year. cheers mate
Tatersdeep was advertising a vacancy in his engineering firm on another thread. It was an office job but he needed someone with some nous.

Found it: http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=121224

BlueMooner87 said:
get this one then i got a job in interview they asked me if i had any holidays booked i said 'this weekend is my brothers wedding and i am usher so i would need this weekend' to which they replied ok no problem i started the job on the friday they said 'oh it looks like its going to be a good weekend' i said ' yea cant wait should be a good due picked up the suits yesterday' basically they forgot and said i had to work or leave. I am still looking for a job fucking joke

you can take them to court over this. anything you say at an interview has to be honoured. was there someone there writing everything down?

aphex said:
BlueMooner87 said:

you can take them to court over this. anything you say at an interview has to be honoured. was there someone there writing everything down?

no I have never really had an interview with minutes being taken before

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.