Lancashire CCC

JoeMercer'sWay said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
jimharri said:
A bit OTT perhaps.

Their cheating probably cost us a victory.
But I'm sure you would be equally charitable if some rag punched the ball into the net for a derby victory.
They are cheating scum.
But by all means defend them if it makes you feel happy.

Did you consider broad a cheat when he didn't walk when he knew he'd hit it?

Did you consider it cheating when england claimed khawaja when he clearly didn't hit it?

What about when people are given out when its clear on technology they weren't I.e. Khawaja catch, pietersen lbw first innings, why didn't the opposing team call him back?
I
Just wanted to see where you stand on those issues.
I think this was a bit dif tbh mate
He's conned the umpire,knocked a bail off on purpose and claimed the wicket.

davymcfc said:
jimharri said:
Er; show me where I defended them in my post, please.

Why was my post OTT?
I fucking hate cheats.
You said my post was OTT.
So why, exactly?
Probably because you wanted them to die in a crash.

Similar emotions were felt coming out of the swamp after Owen had scored in the 97th minute.

Those emotions still haven't changed for me.

jimharri said:
jimharri said:
Er; show me where I defended them in my post, please.

Why was my post OTT?
I fucking hate cheats.
So why, exactly?
Wishing death on people because they won a sporting contest. To my mind, that is OTT. Obviously , you don't think so. Fair enough; I'm not going to get into an argument with someone I don't even know about it. You're perfectly entitled to your opinion. We're not going to agree on it. Truce?

Fair enough - I just think that once honesty is taken away, then any victory is hollow, and false, and it means nothing.
Winning at all costs is a virtue demonstrated by those sewer rats in Trafford.
If cheating is the price paid for winning, then frankly I would rather lose with honour intact.

JoeMercer'sWay said:

Did you consider it cheating when england claimed khawaja when he clearly didn't hit it?

What about when people are given out when its clear on technology they weren't I.e. Khawaja catch, pietersen lbw first innings, why didn't the opposing team call him back?

Even though you weren't asking me, I'll answer it anyway.

In all the hours of debate after the Broad incident, Strauss made the most sense for me when he said, even though it makes no sense logically, it is just generally accepted by most cricket players that not walking is acceptable but claiming a catch you know you haven't taken is cheating.

It's why Ramdin got a two game ban. I think this is even worse than claimimg a catch. Allot might be giving this fella the benefit but I think his face gave the game away and he knew that wasn't out.

allan harper said:
davymcfc said:
Why was my post OTT?
I fucking hate cheats.
So why, exactly?
Probably because you wanted them to die in a crash.

Similar emotions were felt coming out of the swamp after Owen had scored in the 97th minute.

Those emotions still haven't changed for me.
Knocks me sick to this day. Although I think aguero is more than enough to make up for it.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
But I'm sure you would be equally charitable if some rag punched the ball into the net for a derby victory.
They are cheating scum.

Yes, they are all cheats, and I wouldn't care if they died in their sleep.
Now that I have clarified things, do you have a point to make here?

That's fair enough mate. At least you're consistent, you're going to get disillusioned pretty quickly with cricket though as there's so much grey area and opportunism to steal wickets, I'm already pretty disillusioned with what's happened this summer with the umpiring.

Well theirs a lot of angry people on twitter, half of them saying they put the sprinklers on through our innings on purpose. A cheap trick if true!

tidyman said:
In all the hours of debate after the Broad incident, Strauss made the most sense for me when he said, even though it makes no sense logically, it is just generally accepted by most cricket players that not walking is acceptable but claiming a catch you know you haven't taken is cheating.

It's why Ramdin got a two game ban. I think this is even worse than claimimg a catch. Allot might be giving this fella the benefit but I think his face gave the game away and he knew that wasn't out.

Totally agree.

The Keeper cheated tonight and he knew it. That i find sad.

The cookie monster said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
They are cheating scum.

I
I think this was a bit dif tbh mate
He's conned the umpire,knocked a bail off on purpose and claimed the wicket.

Players claim for things that aren't out all the time. Broad knew he'd hit it and chose to con the umpire by not walking. England claimed khawaja despite being around the bat and the ball conclusively missing it. Everyone could see kp's inside edge and it would have been replayed on the screens yet he was still given and the aussies didn't call him back.

The umpires have been awful but that doesn't excuse the level of cheating in the game, and I see not walking as cheating and if we go for the rule that nobody walks and we leave it up to the umpire then we automatically absolve anyone of cheating as it'll always be the umpires fault so in that case you can't blame the keeper tonight its the umpires fault.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

Yes, they are all cheats, and I wouldn't care if they died in their sleep.
Now that I have clarified things, do you have a point to make here?

That's fair enough mate. At least you're consistent, you're going to get disillusioned pretty quickly with cricket though as there's so much grey area and opportunism to steal wickets, I'm already pretty disillusioned with what's happened this summer with the umpiring.

Me too mate, and a lot of 'faces' I know who gamble heavily are absolutely convinced that certain umpires are in on the scam.
I love all sports, and the unpredictability that comes with them.
Once corruption and cheating become endemic, then we may as well call it a day.
No top class umpire can officiate as incompetently as some of the clowns we have seen in this Ashes series.
Even the third umpire is regularly getting things wrong.
This raises alarm bells with me, and it should do the same in those who care for the integrity of sports.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.