Lancashire CCC

Said when he bowled the 15th over we are obsessed with Livingstone and look as though we are trying to let him do everything. An absolute pie thrower at county level
It's baffling, I don't think anyone thought that was a good idea. It's not the first time this campaign that he has been favoured over our mainline bowlers, I don't get it.

Surely Mahmood should get 4 overs?
The way he'd bowled absolutely yes.
This whole situation has been a disgrace from start to finish. That was a shocking last couple of overs but nothing compared to this game being played in Durham.
Unfortunately Lancashire didn't have another suitable ground available tonight, so were given the option to choose one elsewhere, the reasons for choosing Durham seemed sensible enough, but playing there had little to do with the idiocy of the 19th over, at the end of the 18th over we were the very likely winners.

The last 3 bowlers for 6, hard to blame the captain. Essex looked like losing with 13 ball left needing 29, then Bopara went for it and it came off. It happens, especial against the last two batters who helped invent T20.

The ground situation was foreseable, they would need to have produced a good wicket at Aigburth just in case, but doubt they really wanted to play there. I think it was just too expensive to play anywhere else needing floolights and requirements for sky tv. Impossible to play it at OT on Monday needing the reserve day.

It's baffling, I don't think anyone thought that was a good idea. It's not the first time this campaign that he has been favoured over our mainline bowlers, I don't get it.
I honestly think we are worried he will up and leave like Jordan Clark if he's not the main man.
Livingstone is a good T20 batsmen BUT he's never a bowler.
The decision to bowl Crofty at the start backfired to an extent but he only bowled his usual one.
With Parkinson, Mahmood and Gleeson having overs in the bank Livingstone should never have been anywhere near that over. To be honest he should have bowled 2 at the most.
He nicked a wicket in his second but that should have been his last.
They needed to 23 or 12. If the 19th goes for anything less than 12 we're favourites surely.
Big fan of Vilas but he got it wrong in a big way.

Its easy to blame him, when 2 of our best bowlers on the night had overs to bowl, it was idiotic. We may still have lost (unlikely imho), but bowling a part timer who hadn't bowled well anyway in the 19th over was idiotic, the 20th over didn't matter as they only needed 1 to win.

Livingstone and Parky were number 2 and 1 in the bowling ranking for Lanky this year in the T20 , I know that is by average, but there must have seen to be something in the wicket for leg breaks.

The two batmen were well in, 22 behing off two overs, so I assume they were looking for a wicket to disrupt them.

Livingstone and Parky were number 2 and 1 in the bowling ranking for Lanky this year in the T20
The only over that mattered tonight was the 19th, and Livingstone had bowled pretty poorly all night and had gone for 25 from 3 overs already. Mahmood had bowled superbly in his 2 overs, and was very difficult to get away, and was hitting the high 80's mph, idiotic I'm afraid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.