Languages spoken by our non-British A-team players

Re: Languages spoken by our non-Brittish A-team players

Young said:
What's the difference between Bosnian and Serbian?

I thought Dzeko speaks Serb?
there is no real difference, you wouldn't notice it unless you were really fluent in the language. they sort of sound different so people from the balkan area can tell them apart with ease but its the same language basically.

Kompany knows every language, he speaks to Khaldoon in Arabic!

lancs blue said:
Young said:

Savic, Dzeko and Kolarov will all speak Serbo-Croat, probably with some slight regional differences.

hate to be pedantic but there's actually no real language called serbo-croat. this was a catch all term for an artificial "official language" of the former yugoslavia. it's true there's not much difference between serbian, croatian, bosnian, slovenian & macedonian but they are, like the scandinavian languages, very similar but distinct.

in the days of the former yugoslavia nobody but nobody ever said their native language was serbo-croat. i got pulled up by the locals on this point on my first visit there many years ago. people in zagreb referred to their language as croatian & people in belgrade as serbian. there was too much social friction & rivalry for croats to legitimise serbian as part of their language & vice versa.

rassclot said:
lancs blue said:
Young said:

Savic, Dzeko and Kolarov will all speak Serbo-Croat, probably with some slight regional differences.

hate to be pedantic but there's actually no real language called serbo-croat. this was a catch all term for an artificial "official language" of the former yugoslavia. it's true there's not much difference between serbian, croatian, bosnian, slovenian & macedonian but they are, like the scandinavian languages, very similar but distinct.

in the days of the former yugoslavia nobody but nobody ever said their native language was serbo-croat. i got pulled up by the locals on this point on my first visit there many years ago. people in zagreb referred to their language as croatian & people in belgrade as serbian. there was too much social friction & rivalry for croats to legitimise serbian as part of their language & vice versa.

Bosnian, Serbian and Croatian are pretty much the same but Macedonian and Slovenian differ a lot... last 2 are not more similar to first 3 as Polish or Russian

rassclot said:
does silva speak japanese? his mother is spanish-japanese.

*edit* Yes his mom is Japanese or Korean a bit of confusion as different sources state different things, I have pics but cannot post them for some reason.

He speaks fluent Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish and Basque.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.