Lapland

I took my son for the day about five years ago.

Flew from Manchester airport in the morning and landed about noon. About an hour later it started getting dark! although to be fair it was like dusk at midday. Stayed for five or so hours and flew back.

A very good, if relatively expensive trip, but on that basis I would recommend. Not sure about three days, mind.

Was sat next to Garry Flitcroft and his wife on the way back, which was interesting.

We took the kids about eight years ago.
We did a three day/two night trip which was more than enough and we flew from Newcastle.
It was brilliantly organised. The hotel was great. Only had time for one beer (don't forget, this is a trip for the kids) Going to see Father Christmas in the forest was magical (I never knew Santa was a Geordie) Saw the Northern Lights when we (the adults) went on a late night skidoo safari (again magical) and it was fucking cold. Minus 18 on the first day. The second, it dipped to minus 25

It might seem expensive, but it's a once in a lifetime experience, because the kids wont believe forever

If you need to know anything else, let me know and I'll search my memories.

The lad next to me at work took his family last year and said the flight there and back was absolutely horrific, kids screaming and puking up constantly for hours.
Sounds like the train to Blackburn

(only kidding, before someone see their arse!)

LongsightM13 said:
The lad next to me at work took his family last year and said the flight there and back was absolutely horrific, kids screaming and puking up constantly for hours.
Sounds like the train to Blackburn

(only kidding, before someone see their arse!)

That plane trip sounds totally the opposite of ours

Thanks for thre advice, looking at 3 nights in roviemi, no flights from MCR though, have to go from Brum

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.