Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
ElanJo said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:
Looks like Kompany and Zab IN and Jovetic and Fernando OUT for Saturday...

The Maine Blues ‏@TheMaineBlues 2h
Pablo Zabaleta and Vincent Kompany, both of whom were injured on international duty, were pictured in training today.

However, Jovetić and Fernando were absent from the photos.

Think they might make sure they get fernando ready for bayern game thats mainly what he was bought for to tighten us up in big European games!. Still throw an extra body in midfield tho and think lampard will get the shout

.........................hart........................

zabba..........kompany..mangala..kolarov

................lampard..fernandinho.............

silva.......................yaya...............milner

.............................dzeko..........................

then against bayern

..........................hart............................

sagna...............vinny..mdm.........clichy

navas......fernando..fernandinho.....nasri

...............................yaya.............................

................................aguero........................

No Silva in Germany? Do you remember the the 3-2 win? He ran the show
He also works incredibly well defensively, probably the best out of all our attacking player's. Navas is good aswell.

ElanJo said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:
Looks like Kompany and Zab IN and Jovetic and Fernando OUT for Saturday...

Pablo Zabaleta and Vincent Kompany, both of whom were injured on international duty, were pictured in training today.

However, Jovetić and Fernando were absent from the photos.

Think they might make sure they get fernando ready for bayern game thats mainly what he was bought for to tighten us up in big European games!. Still throw an extra body in midfield tho and think lampard will get the shout

.........................hart........................

zabba..........kompany..mangala..kolarov

................lampard..fernandinho.............

silva.......................yaya...............milner

.............................dzeko..........................

then against bayern

..........................hart............................

sagna...............vinny..mdm.........clichy

navas......fernando..fernandinho.....nasri

...............................yaya.............................

................................aguero........................

No Silva in Germany? Do you remember the the 3-2 win? He ran the show

Yes I do maybe him in for fernandinho then with yaya dropping back 2 play in the 2

uwe rosler 28 said:
Marvin said:
Bayern injury update (Reuters)
Bayern Munich are set to benefit from the return of winger Franck Ribery, who is ready to make his season debut against VfB Stuttgart on Saturday after overcoming a nagging knee injury.

The German champions have had a less explosive start to the season than last year, drawing 1-1 at Schalke 04 on Aug 30 in their second league game after winning their opening match at Borussia Dortmund.

Bayern, who last season outclassed all competition to win the domestic league and cup double, have also had a bad injury run, with almost half a dozen players out.

The latest concern is new signing Xabi Alonso, who missed training this week due to a foot injury and has only just begun running again.

Dutch winger Arjen Robben is also training alone following an ankle injury while defender Rafinha is still some way from coming back following a ligament injury. Bastian Schweinsteiger is also out.

The return of Frenchman Ribery, who earlier this month announced his retirement from international football, should inject more pace into Bayern's game against Stuttgart, who have picked up only one point from their first two games.

"I feel good and am fit for Saturday," Ribery said on Wednesday. "Now all I need is to get into the rhythm of playing."

Hope robben swinestiger and alonso are out but imagine they will all be fit for Wednesday!

Schweinsteiger is for sure out. Rafinha, Thiago and Martinez will be out, too.

Alonso was in full training today. Robben for sure did the first part as there were photos and he is in that part of the training session. I am glad if atleast one of Ribery or Robben are fit to play with Lewandowski and Müller. Both would be great either. I do not want to have Shaqiri on the pitch or rely on Götze in the form he is right now.

The made a video about Alonso in the training session today:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg7PY4XrAtU&list=UUZkcxFIsqW5htimoUQKA0iA[/video]

Can see Arsenal having a large percentage of the possession in midfield. I'd take a point if I was offered it now.

Fernando out for 2 weeks, Jovetic ruled out of tomorrow. Not unexpected really.

Ric said:

The frustrating thing about that is that Fernando was bought for weeks like next week.

Fernandinho got injured during a similar week last season and it cost us. I think we had Chelsea, Wigan and Barcelona. Something like that. He was a big loss.

Games like the next three are where Ya Ya gets exposed at the back of the midfield.

Fernando being out for the next 3 games is awful news, especially with Fernandinho still looking a way from his best. Of all the weeks, this is the one we needed Fernando fit and we have no other natural holding midfielder in the squad. I know it sounds greedy and almost impossible, but we could really have used a 4th choice midfielder like Schneiderlin in this squad - a player who counts as homegrown and can hold the midfield well.

Didsbury Dave said:
Ric said:

The frustrating thing about that is that Fernando was bought for weeks like next week.

Fernandinho got injured during a similar week last season and it cost us. I think we had Chelsea, Wigan and Barcelona. Something like that. He was a big loss.

Games like the next three are where Ya Ya gets exposed at the back of the midfield.

It's certainly going to make for an entertaining game with both sides being vulnerable on the counter attack

LoveCity said:
Fernando being out for the next 3 games is awful news, especially with Fernandinho still looking a way from his best. Of all the weeks, this is the one we needed Fernando fit and we have no other natural holding midfielder in the squad. I know it sounds greedy and almost impossible, but we could really have used a 4th choice midfielder like Schneiderlin in this squad - a player who counts as homegrown and can hold the midfield well.
And we'll probably pick up injuries in the next 3 games as well. At least we'll have Jovetic and Fernando to come back, and our rival teams have bigger injury problems than ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.