Laporte signs new deal ... 2025!

https://www.mancity.com/news/first-...ic-laporte-contract-extension-2025-news-story

Aymeric Laporte has signed a new Manchester City contract, keeping him at the Club until 2025.

The defender joined City in January 2018 and has quickly established a reputation as one of Europe’s finest centre-backs.

The Frenchman, 24, is quick, strong in the air and outstanding on the ball, with his unerring ability to switch play one of our most potent attacking weapons.

He’s played 36 times in all competitions this season, appearing in every single Premier League game to date.

“I could not be happier to commit my long-term future to Manchester City,” Laporte said. “Since the day I arrived here, I have been made to feel welcome by Pep and all the players.

“This Club offers me everything I need to improve my game. I’ve already made great strides and I want to continue getting better and better.

“Obviously, I want to win silverware and I feel City is the best place for to fulfil all my ambitions.”

Director of Football Txiki Begiristain added: “Aymeric is a huge talent and the fact he has committed his best years to us is something to celebrate.

“We knew before we brought him here that he had outstanding potential but his improvement over the past 12 months has been exceptional.

“We want to construct a young, vibrant side, and Aymeric fits perfectly into our plans. His style of play suits us and his attitude since the day he arrived has been first class.

“He can be as good as he wants to be, and Manchester City will be a better side with him in it over the coming seasons.”

Laporte made his debut for City at the end of January 2018 in the 3-0 home win over West Brom.

He went on to make nine league appearances for City as we won the Premier League title with a record 100 points, gradually growing in stature with each game he played.

And this season he has become a mainstay in City’s defence, showing a level of consistency that marks him out as one of the best in the world.

Everyone at Manchester City is delighted with this news and we all wish Aymeric the very best for the remainder of his time here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.