laptop booting up advice

brass neck

On Boot up my new laptop toshiba satellite PRO L3oo-1BV seems to take around 2 mins once it goes onto the blue screen, it says please wait and i do for 2 mins before user account screen comes up.

It runs vista home premium, it has 2 gig of ram, a duel core processer and a160 hard drive

I have knocked off all the pointless features that slows vista down like shaddows under text and all that stuff.

Ive downloaded and run start ed program that cuts out all pointless programs from start up

Its still very slow to boot up...so is that the way laptops are as this is my first one or am i short of RAM or is there anything else i should be trying?

TA

Lots of laptops come "bloated" with preinstalled software. You could try reinstalling Windows Vista from the disk supplied by your laptop manufacturer, thats if they have supplied you with a disk and not a shitty recovery partition which lots of them do.

By installing from the Windows disk you will be able to repartition and format the hard disk eliminating any possible glitches it may have. You will also be installing a "clean" unmodified copy of Windows, which is always a good thing.

A recovery partition will put your system in the state of first purchase, often including all the shit software that comes preinstalled.

It could also be a driver/bios issue, check your laptop manufacturers website for any driver or bios updates.

Search google for guides on how to reinstall Windows and check if anyone else has had similar issues with your laptop.

Good luck

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.