Laptop Running Slow.

I downloaded and tryed to install the above recomended program but this happened......

McAfee has automatically blocked and removed a Trojan.

About this Trojan
Detected: Generic.dx (Trojan), Generic.dx (Trojan)
Location: C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\is-M5BPF.tmp

Trojans appear as legitimate programs but can damage valuable files, disrupt performance, and allow unauthorized access to your computer.

Bad news I guess???

Godfather said:
pee dubya said:
Start > Run > type msconfig > select the startup tab > deselect anything you don't want to start when you turn your computer on.

That's if it's taking ages to start up.

It is yeah, ill try that too, cheers.

Be careful what you're unticking there, if there's any programs listed that you aint sure it's best to leave them alone.

You could switch off something that's vital.

You're best off doing the disc clean up, and defrags that people have mentioned, and running a virus scan a couple of times.

It might be down to your memory (RAM) that it's running slow, it doesn't last forever.

Sam Eto's work visa said:
I downloaded and tryed to install the above recomended program but this happened......

About this Trojan

Trojans appear as legitimate programs but can damage valuable files, disrupt performance, and allow unauthorized access to your computer.

Bad news I guess???

Good news if it's removed it.

Re-run virus scans until everything shows up clear.

Grohl said:

About this Trojan

Bad news I guess???

I stopped it running so I guess no problem then??

I then checked the download on Virustotal. this is the report.....

Virustotal is a service that analyzes suspicious files and facilitates the quick detection of viruses, worms, trojans, and all kinds of malware detected by antivirus engines. More information...
File 14a6205ac84ca6059a6539f157fe7e0060308193.exe received on 2009.07.19 00:43:09 (UTC)
Current status: finished
Result: 0/41 (0.00%)

It included a ok scan from McAfee!

Which would you trust as being correct. My McAfee is out of date and I only have it installed until I do some updating on my machine.

Or can anyone recomed a different prog that does the same thing ? Ta in advance.

Ah, sometimes anti-virus programs don't run well with eachother, think of it as being locked in a room with a rag for a weekend. =P

Like 2 different programs could see each other as threats.

Here's a free anti virus program that'll be worth trying <a class="postlink" href="http://free.avg.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://free.avg.com/</a>

When you've installed the above (if you try it), uninstall your other AV programs and update the AVG one then run a full scan.

There are plenty of free AV scanners you can get, but I think AVG is one of the better ones.

Edit: You might also want to download a spyware scanner too.

If you don't mind paying for peace of mind try NOD32 from Eset.com. Costs about £26 then you re-licence it each year for about £17. It updates ever day and since I got it (recommended by my IT man) I have never had any problems with viruses, malwear etc. It constantly scans and you can perform a disc scan any time you want as well. I just have it running in the background and never know it's there.

Avoid Norton like the plague it's a pain in the rear end.

I stopped it running so I guess no problem then??

I then checked the download on Virustotal. this is the report.....

Virustotal is a service that analyzes suspicious files and facilitates the quick detection of viruses, worms, trojans, and all kinds of malware detected by antivirus engines. More information...
File 14a6205ac84ca6059a6539f157fe7e0060308193.exe received on 2009.07.19 00:43:09 (UTC)
Current status: finished
Result: 0/41 (0.00%)

It included a ok scan from McAfee!

Which would you trust as being correct. My McAfee is out of date and I only have it installed until I do some updating on my machine.

Or can anyone recomed a different prog that does the same thing ? Ta in advance.
avast anti virus its free just google it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.