Laptops

journolud

There's too many to choose from. Anyone recommend one around £400-£450 that will do the job for itunes, photos and footie manager ? What should I expect for that price and what is the minimum spec I need to do the above ? Can I get away with spending less ? Anyone giving one away ?

You could probably get away with less tbh. Not sure of the specific requirements for the new football manager, but something like this - http://www.ebuyer.com/product/152309 should be close to being able to run it? You'd need to check to be sure, depends how much you need to save your cash, the next grade up would be around your £400 mark and should run it no bother.

i'll be honest with you, im an IT Professional, and i would never spend more than £300 on a laptop

i recently bought an ultra portable (thin, small, light) cost £250, then spent £50 on extra ram and Hardrive.

installed them myself like, but im sure you could find someone to do it for you.

Search the internet too, dont assume currys is cheapest, some laptops look the same in different shops, but the internal components could be very different.

dont be conned by the big retailers.

pee dubya said:
You could probably get away with less tbh. Not sure of the specific requirements for the new football manager, but something like this - http://www.ebuyer.com/product/152309 should be close to being able to run it? You'd need to check to be sure, depends how much you need to save your cash, the next grade up would be around your £400 mark and should run it no bother.

that has 1gb ram, your laptop will run very slow when using multiple applications, upgrade to 4/8gb for around £40 , makes a HUGE difference, like a different machine, honestly

Funnily enough I was looking at that one online last night but I prefer to go to a local computer shop where I think I'll get clearer advice than the big shops.

I got this for £399

ss857495hh4.jpg

Windows Vista® Home Premium

AMD® TurionTM 64 x2 Mobile Technology TL-62 (2.1GHz, 2 x 512 KB L2 Cache)
15.4" WXGA Acer CrystalBriteâ„¢ TFT LCD
2*2GB RAM
250GB 5400rpm Hard Disk Drive
Blu-Ray / 8X DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive
NVIDIA® nForce® 610M Chipset with NVIDIA® GeForce™ 8400M GS 256MB VRAM
Acer InviLink™ 802.11b/g Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® solution
6 cell Li-ion Battery
5 in 1 card reader (SD), (MMC), (MS), (MS PRO), (XD)
0.3 MP Crystal Eye Webcam

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.