Laser Eye Surgery

Had it done about ten years ago and paid about £3000 as my prescription was about -5 in one eye and -6ish in the other with some astigmatism. Did loads of research and went to Ultralase in Leeds as that was where the eye surgeons from Jimmy's did it.

Did get an infection which I couldn't see or feel but it meant putting eye drops on every two hours for a few days. But that cleared up quickly and the surgeon saw me every day for about a week until the infection had gone and since then it's been brilliant. I wouldn't want it done though unless I was sure I was getting good aftercare - and I think you should check that carefully because infections are really common and can mess up your sight.

Your sight steadily improves after having it done and the only down side I can think of is that my vision is rubbish in low light - not a major problem. I've had a couple of eye tests with work and the optician couldn't even see the scar.

So go for it mate - it's one of those things that makes and even bigger difference to you than you think it will, if you see what I mean.

Yeah I'm really gonna go for it in Summer, does anyone know if there's some way to pay it? Like Gradual Direct Debit or do I have to pay the £1695 all in one go :\

One of the members on here went to Thailand to get his wifes eyes done, I think that the two weeks holiday and the cost of the surgery was about the same as getting it done in the UK and the hospital was like a 5 star hotel.

Might take you a while to read all the replies.....:-))

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=422661&hw=+%2Blaser+%2Beye&nmt=Laser" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topi ... &nmt=Laser</a> Eye Surgery - my experiences

I had mine done at the Trafford centre, optical express. I pay around £108 per month over two years. Well worth having done!

I got mine done about 18 months ago at Optimax Albert square, and as the other say it is without doubt the best money I have ever spent. In all it cost me £2,900 but I pay it off at £80 a month for 3 years.

It is quite nerve racking at the time especially when they make you sit outside the operating room & you can here the patient before you. its the sound of the laser crackling and the smell of burning flesh, but I honestly didnt feel a thing!

After the 5 minute procedure they but thick contact lenses in your eyes which are pretty uncomfortable, but not painful just feel like having a bit of grit in your eye. Then the following day they take them out and the difference after one day was unbeliveable. your eyesight then gets better each day for about 2 weeks.

Its well worth having it done mate!

Ja Salford Blue said:
I got mine done about 18 months ago at Optimax Albert square, and as the other say it is without doubt the best money I have ever spent. In all it cost me £2,900 but I pay it off at £80 a month for 3 years.

It is quite nerve racking at the time especially when they make you sit outside the operating room & you can here the patient before you. its the sound of the laser crackling and the smell of burning flesh, but I honestly didnt feel a thing!

After the 5 minute procedure they but thick contact lenses in your eyes which are pretty uncomfortable, but not painful just feel like having a bit of grit in your eye. Then the following day they take them out and the difference after one day was unbeliveable. your eyesight then gets better each day for about 2 weeks.

Its well worth having it done mate!

Put my mind at rest why don't you :P

Be warned that not everybody is suitable for laser eye surgery ... about one in five people aren't ...... it will depend on your consultation and the result of eye tests.

Unfortunately for me i was one of those people , and it soon became apparent that i was 'unsuitable' due to one of my eye surfaces being diagnosed as 'too steep' by Optical Express ... so i was offered the costlier 'lens exchange' option , which , at the end of the day , is just a replacement of your natural eye lenses via two seperate procedures ....... they were done at the same Moss Side hospital that the City players have their medicals at.

They still dope you up so as you can't feel anything , and they still have to cut slightly into your eye to 'shatter' your old lenses out , and insert your new ones in ...... each eye procedure took about 20 minutes to perform , it was just like a cold water sensation swilling above your eyes as it was done , no pain at all.

My sight isn't stunningly brilliant now , but it's a whole lot better than it was , and i no longer need glasses ...... it was pricey though , at £3,900 back in 2008.

If i were you i wouldn't hesitate to consider laser eye surgery ...... 'horror' cases are far and few between , and most people are absolutely delighted with the results , as my sister-in-law is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.