Last 10 mins of league games

BringBackSwales

This has been killing us this season. Based on goals scored/conceded in the 81st min onwards that changed results in prem games I reckon is -

Us
Sheff Utd +2
Arsenal -1
Chelsea -2
Dippers -2
Spurs -2
TOTAL -5

Dippers
Newcastle +3
Wolves +2
Spurs -1
Luton +1
Us +1
Fulham +3
TOTAL +9

Arsenal
Fulham -2
Us +2
Rags +2
Chelsea +1
Brentford +2
Luton +2
TOTAL +7

That’s a 14 points difference v dippers, and 12 v arsenal if my calculations are right

Definitely an area we can improve on

This has been killing us this season. Based on goals scored/conceded in the 81st min onwards that changed results in prem games I reckon is -

Us
Sheff Utd +2
Arsenal -1
Chelsea -2
Dippers -2
Spurs -2
TOTAL -5

Dippers
Newcastle +3
Wolves +2
Spurs -1
Luton +1
Us +1
Fulham +3
TOTAL +9

Arsenal
Fulham -2
Us +2
Rags +2
Chelsea +1
Brentford +2
Luton +2
TOTAL +7

That’s a 14 points difference v dippers, and 12 v arsenal if my calculations are right

Maybe I’m not understanding this but spurs score was 1-1 from 81 mins
Liverpool 0-1
Chelsea 1-1
Arsenal 0-1
?

Maybe I’m not understanding this but spurs score was 1-1 from 81 mins
Liverpool 0-1
Chelsea 1-1
Arsenal 0-1
?
Apologies if I was a minute out, I think the principle is pretty clear though? The last 10 mins (plus injury time) of games is hurting us relative to our 2 main challenges. I think so anyway

Apologies if I was a minute out, I think the principle is pretty clear though? The last 10 mins (plus injury time) of games is hurting us relative to our 2 main challenges. I think so anyway
We can’t hold a lead at any time of a game. It’s not a good look. It’s not just the defence, the whole team is easy to play through. Difficult to fix with the present midfield too.

I think this began to creep in at the back-end of last season. We were dominant in the finals against united and Inter but failed to get more than a single goal lead and both very nearly equalised late on. I thought it was just the.result of fatigue from a long and successful season but when Arsenal scored really late on in the Charity Shield I began to wonder if it was a pattern developing.

Now it clearly is and I think opposing teams are realising it.

Us
Sheff Utd +2
Arsenal -1
Chelsea -2
Dippers -2
Spurs -2
TOTAL -5

Dippers
Newcastle +3
Wolves +2
Spurs -1
Luton +1
Us +1
Fulham +3
TOTAL +9

Arsenal
Fulham -2
Us +2
Rags +2
Chelsea +1
Brentford +2
Luton +2
TOTAL +7

Pep has a small squad, we may have a full rota but he'll not use 6/7 of them meaning the players are fucked late on.

I could be typing shite but I suspect we do less subs than most/all teams in the division.

Us
Sheff Utd +2
Arsenal -1
Chelsea -2
Dippers -2
Spurs -2
TOTAL -5

Dippers
Newcastle +3
Wolves +2
Spurs -1
Luton +1
Us +1
Fulham +3
TOTAL +9

Arsenal
Fulham -2
Us +2
Rags +2
Chelsea +1
Brentford +2
Luton +2
TOTAL +7

Agree deeply concerning as this is mostly mentality which drives late goals

yeah it's clear Liverpool and Arsenal are keeping the foot down to the final whistle, or at least involving some sort of accelerated finish, while we are struggling to see games out.

I think recent seasons would see us grab late wins, if we were even in a position that required that, but this season we can't seem to cope with the increased intensity

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.