Last Film You Saw

I don't normally mind a Nicholas Cage film. You generally know what you're going to get with him.

But this was just on another level when it comes to being weird and unbearably shite.

The entire psychedelic thing made it even worse.

Watched it last night. Loved the first hour or so. Beautiful film to look at. Second half was not quite as sharp but it beat the hell out of the other thing I watched;

Destroyer

Nicole Kidman as a burnt out ex undercover cop on a mission. She's really good. Some of the action was really good. Dialogue and performances, good. But overall, it still managed to be bang average. The end was just the most overplayed cliche shit ever. Nevermind.

2 good horrors this week.

The Final Wish - Great homage to 80's demon films involving a Jinn. And Lin Shaye is in it.. Legendary horror stalwart.

The Golem. All Jewish production set in 1600 's Lithuania. Impressive and heartfelt.

Both 8/10

Watched " The Way" on Amazon/Netflix with Martin Sheen.
Nice easy watching film. Great scenery of northern Spain. About the pilgrimage along the Compostela de Santiago.
Now my missus wants us to do it!

Walking With the Enemy (2013)
Nazi occupation of Hungary with Ben Kingsley as Admiral Horthy.

Absolute Beginners (1986)
Finally watched this legendary flop. Not that bad just not very good or interesting.

Shazam

Wow, don't take a sensitive younger child to this, it's pretty gruesome in parts.. I didn't even wanna look sometimes. Still, it was funny in parts and well worth seeing overall, never a dull moment

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.