Last Film You Saw

Back in your box fella!

Bru0RLA.gif
Where do you think i'm typing this from? Come in, we got a bar and a tv :D

Woah. Inception is one of my all time favourite films. Score is amazing, story is brilliant and the acting is great, whats not to like :D

Loads of people thought it was shit and loads of people thought it was the Dogs bollocks.

They should have named it Marmite bud.

Alita: Battle Angel - um, far too CGIed for my liking, difficult to see much of the acting buried under the effects (the anime eyes are a conceit which is distracting, and Alita's body seems an odd shape). No idea what Mahershala Ali and Jennifer Connelly thought they were getting into! All that and set up for a sequel which I don't expect any time soon. About 6.5/10

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance - James Stewart, John Wayne, Lee Marvin. Outstanding stuff. Maybe 9/10.

Rio Bravo - John Wayne is as John Wayne as possible, but it's a little long. 8/10

London Has Fallen - Michael Bay and Roland Emmerich would like a word. Ridiculous blowstuffupandmakelikeyourJohnMcClane. Gerard Butler is fine, but it's like being beaten over the head with propaganda and unconvincing CGI. 6/10

Alita: Battle Angel - um, far too CGIed for my liking, difficult to see much of the acting buried under the effects (the anime eyes are a conceit which is distracting, and Alita's body seems an odd shape). No idea what Mahershala Ali and Jennifer Connelly thought they were getting into! All that and set up for a sequel which I don't expect any time soon. About 6.5/10

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance - James Stewart, John Wayne, Lee Marvin. Outstanding stuff. Maybe 9/10.

Rio Bravo - John Wayne is as John Wayne as possible, but it's a little long. 8/10

London Has Fallen - Michael Bay and Roland Emmerich would like a word. Ridiculous blowstuffupandmakelikeyourJohnMcClane. Gerard Butler is fine, but it's like being beaten over the head with propaganda and unconvincing CGI. 6/10
Re. Alita Battle Angel; yes, it's CGI overload (just like Avatar). The story was originally an Anime novel/comic apparently, and they tend to give their characters big eyes. So, perhaps a nod to the origins of the film. As for Messrs Ali and Connelly (GRRR!) and their inspiration? Probably....

3AP3crr.gif

Liberty Vallance; cracking film.
Rio Bravo; good, but not as good as Liberty Vallance.

London has fallen; typical Hollywood flag waving. The original (Olympus) is better, the third one (Angel) is the worse of the three.

Re. Alita Battle Angel; yes, it's CGI overload (just like Avatar). The story was originally an Anime novel/comic apparently, and they tend to give their characters big eyes. So, perhaps a nod to the origins of the film. As for Messrs Ali and Connelly (GRRR!) and their inspiration? Probably....

3AP3crr.gif

Liberty Vallance; cracking film.
Rio Bravo; good, but not as good as Liberty Vallance.

London has fallen; typical Hollywood flag waving. The original (Olympus) is better, the third one (Angel) is the worse of the three.

Yep, I know about the eye thing from anime. but it was weird!
The thing is Ali is he got an Oscar just beforehand, didn't he? I suspect it was sold on Rodriguez and a James Cameron script/production.
Connelly (mmm, indeed) had such an odd role it's baffling. Same for Waltz.

Also saw Winchester '73, another excellent Stewart western. Not as good as Liberty Vallance either.

I've only seen London, not the others. I'll take your suggestion on board.

The Sentinel. 1977 Michael Winner film. It was refferenced in The Burbs, which is why I gave it a go.
Usual Michael Winner trash with terribly unsuitable soundtrack. But loads of A listers though, how he always managed to attract big stars I will never know. I guess some where before they where famous (Walken, Goldblum, Berrenger)
It was ok, worth it to see Beverley D'angelo rubbing her self up to a frenzy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.