Last Film You Saw

Been watching The Gentlemen again this morning. This time I thought I'd try it with subtitles. Fuck me; the street slang used by the kids these days is a total fucking mystery to me. The scene outside the tower block, for instance;
"whip" is supposed to be car?
"Dessies"; footwear?
"Kettle"; a watch?
"Linking a Jessie"; not the faintest idea what that is.
"Roadmen"? Back in my day, those were fellas who fixed the potholes in the road.
"Gangsters". Seriously? They're chavvy little feral rats. They wouldn't last 30 seconds with a real gangster.

If you like Stephen King, you’ll love In the Mouth of Madness.

Prince of Darkness was a bit too nerdy for my liking but it does have some creepy scenes.

Halloween is my favourite Carpenter film, with The Thing and The Fog making up my top three.
Same top 3 for me but i'd go "The Thing" "Halloween" and then "The Fog" but i love loads of his movies tbh. Saw him in concert at the Victoria warehouse a few years back.

Looper, it’s years since I saw it and forgot most of the film, very very good, pity Rian Johnson fucked up The Last Jedi. 8/10, time travel screws with my brain.

Grease. Will never ever get tired of this, always sit with a big stupid grin on my face and Olivier newton john is the most gorgeous woman in the world.

Just had to sit through the utter Shite that is Eurovision on Netfix, Two things spring to mind.

1. Is there fuck all that Will Ferrel won't do if the money is right?
2. Does Pierse Brosnan have it written into his contact that there has to be an Abba song in his movies?
Good points! there were a few funny lines, as you'd expect in a comedy, but not nearly enough in the first half before we turned it off.
predictable plot template.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.