Last Film You Saw

Just a warning to anyone everything,everywhere, all at once is made by the same people that made Swiss Army Man. If you don't like that it is unlikely that you will find this much fun.

Very surreal and crude and awkward sex based humour at times.

Walked out of it, only second time ive done that. In fairness I was badly hungover when I saw it so dont judge it based on my views. Brilliantly acted though just incomprehensible, guys jamming stuff in their asses to fight maybe one of the weirdest scenes ive seen

Top Gun Maverick bloody brilliant, go see it at the IMAX if you can, cheesy as hell but it transported me back to 1986, the flying sequences are unreal, yes a bit of CGI but the stuff in the cockpits you can see the strain on the actors. 8/10

Just seen it. Don’t care how cheesy it is. Fuck yeah

"Everything, Everywhere, All at Once"

It's not very often I regret not seeing a film on the big screen, but this is one of those rare times and if I can find it anywhere I may well do that.

For me, the film held my attention 99% of the time! Almost every single scene is important! It's a total mind fuck, first of all, but doesn't meander (which is a feat in itself) and that's when I know a film is brilliant!

I can't get over the fact that there's not a bad actor amongst the main players. The dynamic between Michelle Yeoh and Ke Huy Quan is superb and I include Stephanie Hsu, as their daughter (very relatable to mine), in that praise. They ALL work well together and no one is scene lazy.

As for the subject matter, well it's highly relatable as we ALL wonder 'what if?' and the finishing portion of the film hit me like a brick being a parent.

I know some people can't stand busy films or films that hit different points to make a story, but we can't always have films that are linear in production and this wasn't that far off kilter.

Favourite film of the year for me and something I know I will need to watch again and again.

The Northman

Enjoyed Eggers previous films The Witch and The Lighthouse but this one left me cold. Took me a while to realise why but then it dawned on me how one-note it all is, angry viking prince gets gradually angrier during the interminable 2 and a quarter hour running time before becoming peak angry at the film's conclusion. Easy to criticise the acting until you realise the roles don't exactly stretch the actors range... Skarsgård wears the look of a man with severe constipation for the film's duration. Terrible CGI too. 5.5/10

The Northman

Enjoyed Eggers previous films The Witch and The Lighthouse but this one left me cold. Took me a while to realise why but then it dawned on me how one-note it all is, angry viking prince gets gradually angrier during the interminable 2 and a quarter hour running time before becoming peak angry at the film's conclusion. Easy to criticise the acting until you realise the roles don't exactly stretch the actors range... Skarsgård wears the look of a man with severe constipation for the film's duration. Terrible CGI too. 5.5/10
Well that’s rained on my parade. Ive been looking forward to watching this. Think I’ll give it a miss.

currently watching demolition man on itv 4

it’s a shite total recall

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.