Last Film You Saw

Vivarium.

A weird film but strangely compelling.

A young couple looking for the perfect home find themselves trapped in a mysterious labyrinth-like neighbourhood of identical houses.

Yeah, the second movie I watched this weekend and realty enjoyed it.
Elements of Blue Velvet and the Truman Show.
Really weird vibe to it in a way I thought films were no longer made.
Moonfall.

Two and a half hours of my life wasted, though on a more positive note, I can watch any other film ever made knowing it won't be as bad.
This was the first film of the weekend and perhaps one of the worse films I've ever seen (and I've seen Sharknado).

Watched a couple of classic films recently. 12 Angry Men, and Dial M for Murder. 12 Angry Men is a seriously good film, have watched both before but not for a good while and enjoyed both. Also watched The Samaritan which I think its fair to say will never be labelled a classic 5/10 tops.

Watched a couple of classic films recently. 12 Angry Men, and Dial M for Murder. 12 Angry Men is a seriously good film, have watched both before but not for a good while and enjoyed both. Also watched The Samaritan which I think its fair to say will never be labelled a classic 5/10 tops.

Great choices!
12 Angry Men really is magnificent. A superb cast for it too.
Dial M is top level Hitchcock too

Where the Crawdads Sings: 7.9/10

Really enjoyed this, loved the pace of the storey! Had it all and well put together..

A love story!
A survival story?
A Murder Mystery?

Abandoned by her family, Kya Clark, otherwise known to the townspeople of Barkley Cove as the Marsh Girl, is mysterious and wild. "Where the Crawdads Sing" is a coming-of-age story of a young girl raised by the marshlands of the south in the 1950s. When the town hotshot is found dead, and inexplicably linked to Kya, the Marsh Girl is the prime suspect in his murder case.

Weirdly, after seeing trailers a long time ago I was really eager to see it. While waiting for it I decided to read the book and now I'm hesitant to watch it. Not because I didn't enjoy the book, infact quite the opposite. For me the book is more about her survival, her resilience, understanding, learning of the marsh and it's wildlife. I was afraid they'd focus too much on the romance.

Weirdly, after seeing trailers a long time ago I was really eager to see it. While waiting for it I decided to read the book and now I'm hesitant to watch it. Not because I didn't enjoy the book, infact quite the opposite. For me the book is more about her survival, her resilience, understanding, learning of the marsh and it's wildlife. I was afraid they'd focus too much on the romance.

Those fears were well founded.

Hollywood needs a selling point/ angle to hook people in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.