Last Film You Saw

Having never watched one before, I started watching John Wick Chapter 4 last night. Bailed after 20 mins or so though the film looked pretty good. Clearly need to watch the earlier three to get the most out of it. Doh !!
Switched to Saltburn instead which was a really enjoyable watch if a bit quirky :)

Just watching Fast and Furious 5 before nipping out for a couple of hours. Now; I've gotta be honest, I've never been a fan of the franchise. They're all variations on a theme. Car chases, and Diesel and Johnson trying to act. But I didn't remember seeing this one. But jesus; just like the rest, it's dreadful. Even the goddess that is Gal Gadot can't rescue it.

Fast X.
Dross.
"Cool set-piece" idea overload. By halfway through, it's hit that point and then bludgeons the viewer over the head until you just want to make them stop. Many aren't cool either, they're dumb.

Momoa appears to spectacularly miscast in a wannabe giggling Raoul Silva (Bardem in Skyfall) nemesis mould, but... well, he just appears with a preposterous set-up whenever needed. As ever, the women are windowdressing which is odd given that several are big names.

There are some nice bits. I can think of about two. The start though is just weird - an almost direct rip-off (er, sorry, homage) to another slightly stretched franchise.

Worse, it's waiting for another attempt next year to end it all.

Just watching Fast and Furious 5 before nipping out for a couple of hours. Now; I've gotta be honest, I've never been a fan of the franchise. They're all variations on a theme. Car chases, and Diesel and Johnson trying to act. But I didn't remember seeing this one. But jesus; just like the rest, it's dreadful. Even the goddess that is Gal Gadot can't rescue it.

Gadot is perfect for that film; she can't act and neither can the rest.

Saltburn, ok but feels like a Talented Mr Ripley rip off. Also Mr Ripley took place back in the 50's so getting away with some of the crimes in that movie would be possible back then while the guy from Saltburn would be easily picked up by a half decent detective.
Even Merseyside police??

Reactions: PPT
Dredd (Karl Urban) very good pity the Raid outshone it at the time, I had it in 3D and you can see the way it was filmed it was made particularly for 3D cinema. I watched it in the new 4k Dolby atmos, the picture is ok but the surround shine is outstanding, Urban is a great Dredd much better than the Stallone farce. 7/10

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.