Last Film You Saw

Wake In Fright (1971) - After a bad gambling bet, a schoolteacher is marooned in an Australian outback town full of crazy, drunk, violent men who threaten to make him just as crazy, drunk, and violent. Absolutely brilliant film. Was close to being lost forever until somebody found the original print it in a bin in america marked "for destuction".

Martin Scorcese was a big fan too "Wake in Fright is a deeply -- and I mean deeply -- unsettling and disturbing movie. I saw it when it premiered at Cannes in 1971, and it left me speechless. Visually, dramatically, atmospherically and psychologically, it's beautifully calibrated and it gets under your skin one encounter at a time, right along with the protagonist played by Gary Bond. I’m excited that Wake in Fright has been preserved and restored and that it is finally getting the exposure it deserves."

Braveheart - Just because it requires no concentration levels, has two really beautiful women in it, and is just good entertainment!

It's 21 years old now, 8/10

Wake In Fright (1971) - After a bad gambling bet, a schoolteacher is marooned in an Australian outback town full of crazy, drunk, violent men who threaten to make him just as crazy, drunk, and violent. Absolutely brilliant film. Was close to being lost forever until somebody found the original print it in a bin in america marked "for destuction".

Martin Scorcese was a big fan too "Wake in Fright is a deeply -- and I mean deeply -- unsettling and disturbing movie. I saw it when it premiered at Cannes in 1971, and it left me speechless. Visually, dramatically, atmospherically and psychologically, it's beautifully calibrated and it gets under your skin one encounter at a time, right along with the protagonist played by Gary Bond. I’m excited that Wake in Fright has been preserved and restored and that it is finally getting the exposure it deserves."
Im going to give this a whirl later as I cant be assed to go for an ale and the casual sexual encounter I had planned with a local lady has gone belly up. Im expecting big things on this recommendation.

Im going to give this a whirl later as I cant be assed to go for an ale and the casual sexual encounter I had planned with a local lady has gone belly up. Im expecting big things on this recommendation.

Middle age is no longer creeping up on you, it has you firmly in it's grip. You'll be wearing cardigans and driving gloves next and listening to gardeners question time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.